Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the belt housing off my brother-in-laws 500 and it was dirtier than a Saigon whore on a sunday morning!!!:hmr:It looks like a mixture of oil and mud. The whole thing has about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch of film on it. He was complaining of a wierd noise and a lower top speed. Can I just use brake cleaner to get the grime out or will it mess up the belt/bearings?

Thanks

Dan

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
tHeKiNgMaN wrote:
I took the belt housing off my brother-in-laws 500 and it was dirtier than a Saigon whore on a sunday morning!!!:hmr:It looks like a mixture of oil and mud. The whole thing has about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch of film on it. He was complaining of a wierd noise and a lower top speed. Can I just use brake cleaner to get the grime out or will it mess up the belt/bearings?

Thanks

Dan
:eek:mg::pu::puke:but :lolol:

I'd try something less agressive like "simple green" or "orange cleaner" stuff 1st.

Save brake cleaner for metal only, I've ruined some plastics with that stuff.

If you can get the belt off you can treat it seperatly, just soap and water with a scrub brush works there. Some even profess putting it in the dishwasher!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really sure how to get the belt off, lol. should I use a bit of steelwool on the pullies like on the outies?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts