Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if there is a way to find out when a dealer is getting your quad? I don’t want to be “that guy” calling all the time! I am worst than a kid Christmas morning!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Call BRP and ask where the machine is being sent within a radius of you.

My neighbor actually got one like this and the dealer didn't even know he had it on his lot in the crate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried to find a number, only thing I can find is the product number and the recording there says they can’t help with inventory questions....

·
Registered
966 Posts
BRP can't help either, at lease here in Canada. I ordered at the end of January and was told end of May or first of June. And to add to it all BRP canceled all orders for first of March across Canada to all Dealers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put my deposit down Feb23 and was told 1.5-2 months. Would be nice to know.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yea I confirmed he called customer service and spoke to a woman. She was able to provide dealers that had the machine he wanted. 850 XT-P he called the dealer and reserved it.

Sometimes you have to call till you get the right person.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was “that guy”, texted my sales guy about every two weeks...but in a nice way. I put money down on a unit that was already on order in mid February, showed up yesterday. For folks that are ordering units that the dealer didn’t already have on order, will surely be waiting longer.

my sales rep didn‘t have a clue when my unit would be in, other than “March”. He texted me earlier in the week saying they got notice that their shipment was leaving the factory on 3/29, then he called me on 3/ 26 and said the semi just pulled in with my unit. Seems with the way of the world right now, it’s hard for anyone to truly know anything and sometimes they only really know when the truck pulls in.

I hope you get yours soon, I know it was a Christmas anticipation wait for me. To hold you over, here’s a picture of mine!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was “that guy”, texted my sales guy about every two weeks...but in a nice way. I put money down on a unit that was already on order in mid February, showed up yesterday. For folks that are ordering units that the dealer didn’t already have on order, will surely be waiting longer.

my sales rep didn‘t have a clue when my unit would be in, other than “March”. He texted me earlier in the week saying they got notice that their shipment was leaving the factory on 3/29, then he called me on 3/ 26 and said the semi just pulled in with my unit. Seems with the way of the world right now, it’s hard for anyone to truly know anything and sometimes they only really know when the truck pulls in.

I hope you get yours soon, I know it was a Christmas anticipation wait for me. To hold you over, here’s a picture of mine!

View attachment 101899
I really dig the Orange. My neighbor is on the fence about swapping plastics with me. He likes the Black/blue better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anybody know if there is a way to find out when a dealer is getting your quad? I don’t want to be “that guy” calling all the time! I am worst than a kid Christmas morning!!
Where in Canada are you?

I know of an 850 XT close to Vancouver that is arriving April 5th. I have a deposit on it.

Just found one closer to home from a canceled deal, so I'm going to buy the one closer to home.

I can get my deposit back but they're closed until Tuesday so I still have it locked in until then.

Edit:

You're looking for a Max this is not a Max. Another dealer close to Vancouver had 3 - 850 XT-P Max last week, not sure if they still do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where in Canada are you?

I know of an 850 XT close to Vancouver that is arriving April 5th. I have a deposit on it.

Just found one closer to home from a canceled deal, so I'm going to buy the one closer to home.

I can get my deposit back but they're closed until Tuesday so I still have it locked in until then.

Edit:

You're looking for a Max this is not a Max. Another dealer close to Vancouver had 3 - 850 XT-P Max last week, not sure if they still do.
Can you pm me the dealers name, I might upgrade to the xt-p....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you pm me the dealers name, I might upgrade to the xt-p....
Where in Canada are you?

Edit:

I know GVPS has a 1000 xt max but I really want to stick with the 850...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well try to find a dealer in Canada that has a 2021 1000r XMR Neo Yellow. If by chance they do and that is a big chance, they will want to do a dealer trade. Most dealers here in Ontario have nothing in stock to trade for this "Big Ticket Machine ".

·
Registered
96 Posts
I really dig the Orange. My neighbor is on the fence about swapping plastics with me. He likes the Black/blue better.
The black/blue (iron grey) looks really awesome, especially after all the safety stickers are removed.

The only blue are the can am and outlander stickers as well as the coil over springs). Everything is matte except the front of the machine under the cargo rack, it's metallic.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The black/blue (iron grey) looks really awesome, especially all the safety stickers are removed.
I admit it grew on me once I saw it in person. I'm working on a bunch of updates right now that make it pop and more functional. Will post up once it's complete but parts are coming a bit slow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well try to find a dealer in Canada that has a 2021 1000r XMR Neo Yellow. If by chance they do and that is a big chance, they will want to do a dealer trade. Most dealers here in Ontario have nothing in stock to trade for this "Big Ticket Machine ".
In this market, dealer trades are a thing of the past.

You're better off doing a deal directly with the dealer who has what you're looking for.

Your local dealership can see who has what inventory on their computer system.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am worst than a kid Christmas morning!!
Well, you lost this one.

A buyer's best position is his potential to 'walk" if not satisfied.

I suspect they may have your money, or enough of it to make you likelihood of 'walking' slim to none.

Best to go through all the motions but, before writing a check or signing a deal, ask to inspect what you're buying. If the response is something on the order of "we don't have one in stock," or "we should be able to get one in by May 5th," excuse yourself and tell 'em to call when they can do better.

Then find yourself another dealership = bottom line, its simply (as Carlin might have said) 'more stuff.'

·
Registered
263 Posts
Never give them your your keys, license or anything else until an agreement is made.

You can always give them a photocopy of your licence if they insist and just walk if it goes south.

Those dealerships that want you to sit there for hours are the worst kind. No matter how much money you have you can't buy that time back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yep They go to school to learn manipulative techniques (getting you to say "Yes," three times is one I've heard of) that are subtle and (in many cases) most effective. In the computer world read Fogg's work (From behavior design to addiction - The manipulation of our thoughts and behaviors has developed in social networks in part through the courses of B.J. FOGG).

Best approach is to study the marketplace carefully, determine what it is you would like to purchase, determine the best price you SHOULD be able to get it for, then find as many reliable sources for the object of your affections before getting in person at a dealership. With the Internet shopping is relatively easy. I sold my ride and bought a brand new vehicle via email from a dealer in another adjoining state the same day (buying at the end of the model year at the end of the month). Got all manner of options effectively for free.

If trading, I recommend a two step process. Don't drive your trade to negotiate the purchase. Negotiate the best price (and financing deal) you can. Get them to write it up ("can you put this in writing so I can be certain I understand all the charges and such - something WE can sign?") Once you get the papers in hand, ask to use their phone (or take out your cell and excuse yourself) to 'call my wife and explain the deal.' (if there are OCR copies, take one out of the middle and put it in your pocket. Call your answering machine - whatever - talk for a while - lots of "Yes Dear/Honey," ending with "OK, you're right, will do, see you shortly."

Then tell the Sales rep "She says OK, if I trade in my Hyundai Escape. Can I bring it in tomorrow (Saturday, whatever)?

OK, see you. Bye

Take the paperwork with you - need to go over it with Honey.

Then, when they re-write the deal with your trade, you will know exactly what they are willing to pay for your old ride. Lots of time this is a ridiculously low figure - but at least you'll know what it is and can decide to take it or walk, or buy the vehicle outright and sell your trade on your own. If you negotiated a financed deal, be sure to look over the items to be financed and the purchase price shown for the vehicle - because the dealer 'earns' on the financing itself, the price shown for the vehicle may be a bit less than you expected.

So, if you're a cash buyer, that's what you need to insist they sell it to you for.

They will, or they won't. You can walk - there are other dealers. If you're a wise buyer, you're looking for the less popular trim or model that didn't sell as well as the Super Chateau Mobile 2000 - all year year. One of the dozen they've still got on the back lot now that the new models have arrived.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I want to buy an outlander but they told me delivery date would be September, does anyone know when the 2022 model would come out? Is any big changed anticipated for 2022?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts