Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I got my machine really stuck and as I was digging it out I made the decision that I'm buying tracks. When I called the dealer yesterday they were terrific in walking me through things and they said if I'm going to be traveling in snow I would be wise to move my air intake and that Can Am makes the parts I need.
Can Am stuck.jpg

Apparently the new intake would lead to a major increase in cab noise. I don't think I want that trade-off. Do any of you have experience with this and what was your solution? 2020 Defender Limited

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not a concrete answer here but my uncle has a 2020 Max with tracks and the intake right in the cab as well. It's very tolerable even from the back seat. Definitely louder than it used to be but can still have a decent conversation without yelling.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Another option is to install the Can Am snorkel. It will put the intake up just below the roof, or if you add the snorkel extension it will be just above the roof. Either case it should be above the snow storm that your tracks are making.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another option is to install the Can Am snorkel. It will put the intake up just below the roof, or if you add the snorkel extension it will be just above the roof. Either case it should be above the snow storm that your tracks are making.
I just pulled that up. It's not ideal but that might be my best option. $639! :oops:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just pulled that up. It's not ideal but that might be my best option. $639! :oops:
If it makes you feel any better the factory snorkels look really cool lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If you should decide to go with the OEM snorkel (715003727) , check out Partzilla Can-Am 715003727 - Snorkel Kit for Defender, Defender MAX | Partzilla.com , their price is $550 and I think you would get free shipping. (I had to pay $49.95 shipping to Alaska, but it was still a savings).

Gotta ask you, what sort of rear window do you have? If it is plastic, the easiest way is to cut out a strip (about 1" x 12") center bottom to allow for installation, but if it is glass, then the work around would be to squish the snorkel down and drill holes through the back to mount with bolts and nuts.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Here's a link (12) Defender Rear Window | Can-Am ATV Forum (can-amforum.com) to a discussion where DBrown850 provided some pictures on the work around that he had to do due to him having a Glass rear window.

Almost forgot to mention, if your eligible for a military discount, if you call their number after you have placed your order, they will give you another 5% discount (refunding the money to your credit card). Really easy to work with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got about 800 miles on my HD10 with the tracks on and never have an issue with snow intake on the drive side. I did install the filter on the combustion intake.
I've run it in over 3ft of Lake Effects Snow plowing out stranded equipment and just playing around, zero issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts