Can-Am ATV Forum banner

181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
nice pics. I especially like the one of the Bailey bridge in the background. I built quite a few of those back in my army days.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
had a guy come from 1 state over (6 hour drive one way) to come and get it. I'm happy and yet bummed to see it go however i know selling it will be for bigger and better things for the family..

speaking of which, running low on energy this morning.. the mrs. and i had a scare/practice run last night. Little man was acting like his old man and giving momma some pain. Went to the hospital and he isn't ready to come out just yet. Didn't get home until around 11pm last night

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,789 Posts
Well good deal, yeah, hate to see it go, but understand "the bigger picture"

Hope all continues to go well with the latest arrival to the clan 🍻

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
what sxs you decide on?
the boss decided on the maverick sport max DPS 1000r. She liked how we felt more 'surrounded' when we sat in it. She also liked that we can add 4 point harnesses without cutting holes in the seats. She also liked the fact that it's $2k cheaper base price compared to the base price of the rmax 4 seater.

$2k buys a couple belts and some accessories :D

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,789 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
I’m at 45+ years and still playing that game! ;)
we did the 'years of marriage dance' at our wedding at the crowd was roaring at one point when the DJ got up to 20 years before couples started to leave the dance floor. Between my wife and i, we had 4 couples that had been married for over 40 years, another 6 were over 30, and we had 1 over 50 years, and 2 over 45 years. i had two sets of grandparents that were over 50 years before someone passed. It's an awesome feat that's for sure..

Congrats to you and your lovely bride :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
called the dealership we got the quad from.. they said i can place an order and at best may/june before it arrives...

called the dealership down the road (not a huge fan of), and they said they could get one by end of march... guess where i'm stopping by today after work?

·
Registered
518 Posts
called the dealership we got the quad from.. they said i can place an order and at best may/june before it arrives...

called the dealership down the road (not a huge fan of), and they said they could get one by end of march... guess where i'm stopping by today after work?
Good luck I hope it don’t turn out like mine did !!!!👍👍👍

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Good luck I hope it don’t turn out like mine did !!!!👍👍👍
that is honestly sitting in the back of my mind at the moment too! thankfully they are only like 2 miles out of my way on my way home, and 5-6 miles from my house. So i can make random stops and be vocal in person :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
nice pics. I especially like the one of the Bailey bridge in the background. I built quite a few of those back in my army days.
Thanks
Love this area, all kinds of old bridges/culverts etc.

I try never to take things for granted and always stop and check out any bridges, culverts, cabin sites, mine shafts, caves, waterfalls etc.

Old mining, logging, powerhouses, & road stuff literally everywhere we ride.
As much as I hate them, shasta, trinity, lewiston and whiskytown dams are probably the greatest engineering feats in my backyard, but there are so many smaller things to see and explore.
Just for fun I rode my quad across trinity dam this summer, theres no road access to it except from the forest roads on the far side so that was kind of special.

I dont have any pics handy but the pit river bridge on insterstate 5 is impressive, clear creek bridge is awesome high, theres a bridge where I fish where the pit river hits shasta lake that crazy people bungie jump off of, the new bridge they built for I5 at antlers in lakehead is impressive also...

Yeah, all kinds of sights to see in the north state.

This is probably one of my favorite old bridges, way off the beaten path, you can ride a motorcycle across it but hardly anyone does, nice hike up the creek if youre looking for antlers.

A couple of cabin sites are always good for a new trophy or two that came to the surface after a long mountain winter...

There are walking bridges that can be found by map navigating...

Old, abandoned mine shafts here and there add to the natural caves and other cool stuff.

Every once in a while you come across a true "trophy"

Good luck with your sxs huntingquad (y)
Hope to be seeing it soon.
My brother and his wife & little dude love theirs.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
thanks! Doing the leg work now for it. I really want to sell our camper before buying it, however i have more than enough of a down payment right now from the sale of the quad. I can always just use the money from the camper and throw a massive payment at the principal and shave off some payments lol.. Just trying to make them as small as possible. will make it easier to purchase accessories lol

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
well boys and girls the deed to done.. placed the deposit on a maverick sport max 1000r dps yesterday afternoon! It has an april delivery date, but the salesmen said that now it's considered sold, it might actually move up the delivery date. So now it's a wait and see!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
ugh i wish.. we are due for a heat wave here in michigan this weekend though.. it might hit 35* for a high and almost 40* by the end of next week!

for the last couple days we have had a high of like 15* (without windchill). heck last night we got ANOTHER 5"+ of snow.. so sick of this crap lol.. i want it to all melt, and i want my maverick to come in so i can ride dammit! lol

Reactions: Runner12
181 - 200 of 210 Posts