Can-Am ATV Forum banner
281 - 300 of 300 Posts

Registered
2021 850 max North Edition
Out for a quick rip today did about 100km mixed trails that are supposed to be closed to motorized vehicles from March-September. Still don't know why this is, but I can go because I own 200 acres in the middle of this Crown land. Because I run a 850 North Edition I think other riders think I am the cops or bylaw. They either creep up on me slowly or drive like a madman when I come up behind them. Found this nice little shelter I have never come across before. It was down pretty tight little trail. Good find, some cooking equipment, tp, dart board and even some adult reading material.

Attachments

Registered
2020 850 XT Outlander
Me and my Son did the Hunter Creek Run in Nevada. Was hot and smokey from the Dixie fire. Wish I got more pics, but here they are.

Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
Plant Wood Natural landscape Trunk Tree
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
How to you like that mount for the tablet? I need one and have seen them from $15 to $200. Manufacturer?

Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt

Registered
The deep water crossing did that. All of the water crossings were about 10" deep, so I had just been crossing them in 2-wheel drive. Then we dropped into a water crossing that was much deeper. I knew we were in trouble when the top of the front tires went under water. We made it through the hole and just started to come back up, and the rear tires started to dig in, and the back end sunk even lower, so I stopped. I looked out the window, and couldn't see the front tires at all, and the rear tires were even lower. So I shifted into 4-wheel drive and locked the front differential. When I tried to go I could feel the skidplate dragging, and knew I was in deep mud. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get out of there, so I pretty much stood on the gas pedal. DON'T do that with 195 hp and basically no fenders. The X3 instantly shot 4 geyser's of mud straight in the air and on top of itself, but did manage to pull out of the hole. The river bottom was silt. Silt is like flour or talcum powder when it is dry, but it is bottomless when it is wet. And the wet silt mud is what covered the X3. The rest of the trail is sand, which scrubbed the wheels and tires clean. The picture was taken about 20 miles after the deep river crossing.

Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
so I pretty much stood on the gas pedal. DON'T do that with 195 hp and basically no fenders. The X3 instantly shot 4 geyser's of mud straight in the air and on top of itself, but did manage to pull out of the hole.
That must have been something to see.

Registered
It was impressive. I don't think any other machine I've ever owned in my life could have dug itself out of that hole. I thought for sure I was going to have to get out in hip deep water and fumble around with a winch rope, and hope the winch worked while it was under water.

Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
Those were the days before Glocks. But Roy Rogers and the Lone Ranger got the job done anyway.

Registered
Today I did some exploring just west of where I live. I developed a trail called Wild Wild West Trail, which was a Jeep rock crawling trail, back in the 1990s. I quit the Jeep based rock crawling about 2003, and had not been to this trail since then. Today I went to ride the trail in my Maverick RC. The RC does stand for "Rock Crawler" after all. To my surprise, the trail pretty much doesn't exist anymore. It doesn't look like anyone has been on it in decades. Here is a picture from today.
Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
Today I went to ride the trail in my Maverick RC. The RC does stand for "Rock Crawler" after all.
How did it handle and perform? Curious to hear more about that.

Registered
The RC does really well. It rides so much better and is so much easier to maneuver than the Jeeps are. This was actually the only hill that has ever made me attempt a line twice, in the two years I have owned this UTV. The rocks toward the top of this climb are fairly large. I had picked a line that I thought would work, and was crawling over the rocks with no problems until the RC slid sideways a foot and dropped off of the rocks I was on, and into two big holes. The left front tire and right rear tire were both trying to climb a vertical ledge that was taller than the 32" tire at the same time, which gets kind of tough to do. After two low throttle attempts at crawling up the ledges I could see it wasn't going to work, so I backed up three feet and moved back over the foot I needed to be to get back on the proper line, and then it went right up. The RC is a super capable rock crawler. I sure am satisfied with it.

This wasn't a really tough trail by some standards. It is only about 12 miles from my house though, and convenient for me. I actually drove the RC from my house to the trail and back, so kind of nice not to have to trailer it for just a quick Sunday morning ride.

Registered
2021 outlander 850 XTP MAX
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
I finally got my 3 year old granddaughter out for a little ride today bestest co pilot every!!!! We did manage about 40 miles and she did very well wants to go some more!!!! Shes got a little dirt bike with training wheels lol but I think a see a little DS or something in the stable in the near future

281 - 300 of 300 Posts