Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
I agree.
Also saw on the news this morning theyre allowing outgoing travel with a clean bill of health out of some chinese prefect.

Unless theres some mutation that causes the walking dead Im not worried.

Not seeing any of that around here.
All those people have taken over the streets and parks downtown.
Too cold up in the mountains and its all nf. Couldnt set up a camp like that without getting noticed by the locals.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Great ride today. 70 easy miles. Temps in mid 20s. Sunshine. Great day to be out.
I saw two riders early in the day near Lupton and then a large group hanging out at Bull Gap. Otherwise alone all day. Many miles had not been traveled yet (no tracks in the snow). A few more trees down since I went thru in December but found ways over and around.
Machine ran great. Much better acceleration and only used 3.5 gallons in 70 miles. I think the new filter may have helped. I also found a open road and opened it up.....ran up to 74 with no problem. I think all the bugs are worked out.
Hardly even got it dirty.....the trails are still snow and ice
View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97485 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97484 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97487

That's a sweet quad!
Where can I find trails like that in Canada? All we have is railbed and anywhere good is private property except a select few 150kms or so away! May need to head down to the us with a few friends sometime!

·
Registered
257 Posts
"I always run premium I'n my machines. From what I've watched and experienced the ethanol in regular 87 fuel eats away at carburetor metals and most rubber in the fuel system (mostly grommets in the fuel tank). I don't think it's so much fuel going bad as long as you can just dilute the bad fuel later with premium if you have regular in it but if you run premium and lose some octane it's not a big deal and you won't have to dilute it. You might aswell run premium for the extra money as you could save a bunch of time cleaning or replacing fuel system components. Who wants to take apart a carburetor when you could be riding?

I agree that sea foam is good stuff though! Always put a few cap fulls in the tank each time I fill mine up!"

Sorry but this makes no sense at all. Your machine is fuel injected. Second, premium and standard differ by octane which is completely different detonation timing. Your machine is programmed to have the timing set to standard octane. You are literally losing HP and spending more money for nothing. Add Seafoam and be done with it.
I can see what you mean with detonating time, higher octaine, the more resistant it is to Pre-ignition but can also resist a spark so yeah. And yeah, if it's EFI it's made to run on 87 as it's better to have it thinking it's running on low grade than high grade but doesn't the EFI tune it to run depending on the fuel grade automatically? (Don't know much about EFI). And even EFI machines have grommets on the tank and rubber that can be eaten away with ethanol. If there was a lower fuel grade without ethanol, yeah just throw some sea foam in it and go.

With the prices what they are at now, you can buy premium for less than regular was two weeks ago!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hope Michigan trails stay open. Hatfield McCoy in WV is closed. I suspect they didn’t want visitors from other states coming in to WV.

We have a lot of trails in Michigan. I’ve never been on ATV trails in the UP, but I’m thinking about making a trip this year. I used to snowmobile across the UP, and I bet it would be awesome on a atv!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
the best part about the UP is that you can ride of the side of the roads as long as it's not a state highway!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I need to check out up trails. VV Mapping has trail descriptions online and maps for gps. I bought the orv maps for Michigan and Appalachia’s (Hatfield McCoy included). Maybe I can plan a trip.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
after today i'm off for 2 weeks... trying to convince the wife to do a road trip to iowa to pick up a new to us diesel truck, but the 15 hour round trip car ride is kinda killing the idea lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
The DNR ((( (Michigan) (Michigan) issued a statement today on state park use. The trails are still open but bathrooms at trailheads are closed and trails won’t be groomed.

They are also e saftdistancing a staring potential misdemeanor and 500 fine. Also said it would cause trails to be shut down.

They said - no long distance travel unless it’s essential.

So, while the trails are open, they said no long distance travel unless it’s essential. Odd, I think it’s essential to travel a couple hours away to do a 100 mile trail ride. I’ll be alone in the woods , but when th see me trailering my quad up 75, I’m pretty sure they’ll know it isn’t essential.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
yeah they are setting you up for sure. Bathrooms are closed because people keep going into them and stealing the TP and hand sanitizer

·
Registered
498 Posts
Jelly.

I need a good muddy ride. Trails don't open until May. April is going to be a LONG boring month with this COVID trash.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
been seeing some videos posted on the book of faces and the trails here in michigan look muddier than crud!!! Big mud pits and everything!!! sadly we don't have a babysitter for tiny hooman at the moment or else we would take off for a day ride for sure

·
Registered
811 Posts
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about trailering my quad but theyre not hasseling us at all. The local news "expose" about us sucking at the whole shelter in place thing and our county getting a "d" rating seems to have blown over.

My little brother just told me hes starting to get crap for going out and hiking where he lives just south of here.

All state areas are closed. If they shut down the ohv area I'll just drive 1/2 hour farther and ride the nf.
I switched to weekday riding to do my part at social distancing and avoiding crowds....and having all the good 4x4 trails to myself (y)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts