Can-Am ATV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
had a great weekend riding. Our tiny human was able to go for rides and now points at the bike and asks "ride?" i think she's hooked.. only put around 60 miles on it this weekend, and very little mud was found (ironically it was dryer than dry in that area).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
We only did maybe 45 miles ( in about 5 hours ) but our leader has lived in the area all his life and knows where there "were" trails 40 or 50 years ago . These were some of the most technically challenging trails I've been on in ages as most are abandoned" connectors from oil road to oil road.
Did I mention our leader will be 84 this September ? And he knows EXACTLY where the accelerator is on his Commander .
God bless him !

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
sometimes those types of trails are just as fun and doing wide open 40+ on open trails. Challenging yourself and your machine to the max! I like both types of rides, it all depends on what kind of mood i am in :D

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
186 Posts
It was frigid cold at 10,000 ft elevation this weekend. We saw the weather report ahead of time, with predicted temps in the 20s, and 30 mph winds, and decided to leave the more fun Maverick or Outlander at home and take the warm and cozy enclosed UTV this weekend. We did 91 miles on the Paiute Trail, mostly on Monroe Mountain, in Utah. Here is a picture from lunch break, a balmy 30 degrees, at Manning Meadow Reservoir.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
that's an awesome view and good choice on rides for that temp lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went on another ride this weekend, back in the mountains of Utah again. This picture is from lunch stop, near 10,000 ft elevation.

With June being here in another day or two, most of the snow is gone. Just enough left to give this Dodge pickup some problems while trying to get around it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
how do you like that little maverick? we are looking at 'upgrading' to a maverick sport max dps 1000

·
Registered
186 Posts
I really like it. I've had a few 50" Rzr Trail UTVs before this 50" Maverick Trail, and the 50" Maverick is a much more refined machine. It is smoother running, quieter, has better suspension, and is just better quality everywhere. The cockpit is especially better, and not cramped like the Rzr Trail is. It still limitations because of the 50" wide chassis, primarily due to suspension and sidehill capabilities. But that is just due to the constraints of being 50" wide. A Maverick Sport would not have those limitations.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
stopped at two different motorsports dealerships today.. only one 4 seater x3.. everything else was a 2 seater or utility type.. that's combined, both dealerships, used and new.. totaling MAYBE 30 sxs

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yup, the factories are shut down for this pandemic we are living through. Inventory is down at a lot of places. It is nice to see some signs of life coming back though. Monster Energy Supercross just held a race in Salt Lake City today. Tomac won.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yup, the factories are shut down for this pandemic we are living through. Inventory is down at a lot of places. It is nice to see some signs of life coming back though. Monster Energy Supercross just held a race in Salt Lake City today. Tomac won.
Tried to buy a mountain bike seat this morning at Wal Mart .
Shelves are empty.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
that's what i was figuring.. they are offering massive discounts of outlanders at the moment.. i was seeing mark downs of $1250-$1500!

·
Registered
186 Posts
We went on a 60 mile group ride/fund raiser for the Paiute Trail today in central Utah. It was an interesting ride because even though there were ~100 ATV/UTVs on the ride, they let us start the marked course any time we wanted to, between 7 AM and 11 PM. What a great idea, a group ride with out the congestion on the trail, or any of the dust. My wife and I rode in our Maverick XRC, and our son rode our Renegade XXC. Here is a picture from the ride.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
that's actually pretty cool! Could you do the ride multiple times? It would be cool to do it early in the morning, and then again at night. One of these days i'm going to do a mild trail ride at night, just too dang worried about Deer or an Elk jumping out in front of us while going 30mph+ lol

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Sounds like fun.

Im seriously considering joining a local club....

Thanks for pics

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
that's actually pretty cool! Could you do the ride multiple times? It would be cool to do it early in the morning, and then again at night. One of these days i'm going to do a mild trail ride at night, just too dang worried about Deer or an Elk jumping out in front of us while going 30mph+ lol
Those elk are no joke!
Wouldnt want to hit one of those.

You should do it.
Its really fun!
I love night rides in the summer. The trails seem completely different at night plus its much cooler and thats when the rattlesnakes and all the stars come out.

Just ride slower than you would during the day and do it on familiar trails you scouted out during the day.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Those elk are no joke!
Wouldnt want to hit one of those.

You should do it.
Its really fun!
I love night rides in the summer. The trails seem completely different at night plus its much cooler and thats when the rattlesnakes and all the stars come out.

Just ride slower than you would during the day and do it on familiar trails you scouted out during the day.
problem is by the time the sun goes down, the beers have already been going down, and that's a big no-no to mix. However i guess i could hold off on a couple brews for a night ride. Yeah i wouldn't be going fast at all during the dark. Just something different and it would be on trails/roads i know

·
Registered
100 Posts
First ride ever with the kids at the ATV park, finally found a trailer to haul everything. No break downs, no flooding, nobody had to sh*t in the woods, no tears, it was a surprisingly better day than I had planned for and Mom was over the moon about how happy the boys were. The beer was from me loading the night before...
IMG_8152.jpg

81 - 100 of 118 Posts