Can-Am ATV Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
keeping this thread alive.. i was on vacation in northern michigan this past week and was able to get in some seat time and do some exploring. I didn't have a gps just my own sense of direction lol. Was able to get our 650 stuck not once, but twice, in the same mud hole lol. I drove through it about 5-6 times prior to getting stuck in it on back to back trips lol. This was the first & second time i have ever gotten stuck with this machine. Winch worked amazing, once i hooked it up to a proper tree lol.. First tree was too close and pulled up my front end, 2nd tree on the other side of the hole was dead and i pulled it down (not on me.. lol), and then the 3rd tree was 'just right'. My little girl (5 years old) is a quick learner. She worked the winch controls for me to pull the cable out, and even worked the controls for me to spool it back up properly.

she also instantly announced "WE GOT STUCK!!" as soon as i turned off the motor when we got back to base camp lol. When i get a chance i will upload some crappy cell phone videos i took since i left the gopro at home.

Weekend was eventful.. Announced to my family that we will be adding another minion to our flock this coming march and reached an agreement to sell our home all while in the sticks with no cell signal and only wifi at the park office lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Went for a fast camel cruise in the X3 this weekend. Did the same course two weekends ago in Jeep's "Desert Rated" Wrangler truck, with it's internal bypass Fox shocks and hydraulic bump stops. The Jeep Mojave has nice suspension, but the X3 is way way way better. It took half an hour to get to the first stop point in the Jeep, and it took 5 minutes to cover the same part of the course in the X3. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Photos/videos from our camping trip..

Someone forgot to put it in 4wd lol

links to a couple short videos i uploaded as well. Didn't have my gopro with me so i was holding onto my phone and trying not to drop it while making sure we didn't get stuck lol

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

Well, so much for any scouting missions before season.
Maybe even so much for opening weekend.

Luckily I have spots on blm.
Rumor is, its closed too but shhhhh....
Its not ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
just tell them you are making sure that the wildlife isn't caught in the fire and suffers an inhumane death

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Poss rain thurs fri...season goes till mid oct.

There will be rides.
Oh yes, there will be rides.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
So jealous!!! my quad hasn't moved in a couple weeks, and isn't looking like it will be moving anytime soon either :(

so october fall color ride for me/us this year.. Wife is barefoot and pregnant and i locked her in the kitchen lol.. So i can't go out on any rides by myself :(

·
Registered
2020 850 XT Outlander
32 Posts
Awesome pictures, wish I had more time this weekend. But I have to get ready for a rifle match in Missoula this coming week.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts