Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
My guess ?

I DONT CARE ABOUT !

Why do I need to know how much the EXACT weight is ? Okay, if you dont want to overload a trailer, truck, etc.
BUT is this possible in the US or CDN with all those BIG pickup trucks, toyhaulers, gooseneck trailers, etc... ? Here in europe, I would think, okay, but on the other side of the pond ?

My 650 outty is 321 Kg wet and streetlegal, according to my "papers" here in germany.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
736 Posts
Gade 790
Outty 850

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
My guess ?

I DONT CARE ABOUT !

Why do I need to know how much the EXACT weight is ? Okay, if you dont want to overload a trailer, truck, etc.
BUT is this possible in the US or CDN with all those BIG pickup trucks, toyhaulers, gooseneck trailers, etc... ? Here in europe, I would think, okay, but on the other side of the pond ?

My 650 outty is 321 Kg wet and streetlegal, according to my "papers" here in germany.

Cu,
Sven
We're just having a bit of fun, where's your sense of humor?
John knows the #s I'm sure. He's just making us guess first.

I care how much my quad weighs because I'm a nerd like that and I love specs.

I say 745 for the Gade and 790 for the Outty.

It has nothing to do with having to haul it. It's the same reason people want to know how many HP the engine has. So don't be so negative. Lol.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, it's all in fun.....Plus I do care what it weighs, if for nothing else to give a excuse when I get beat in a race. LOL

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I should of said "some miraculous abnormally ever happen and I got beat".

·
Registered
896 Posts
I bet bone stock outty 1000 xt is 860 lbs and the gade is about 800lbs.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I rolled mine in a snow drift awhile back and had a hell of a time trying to roll it back onto wheels. Was trying to roll it slightly up hill so It wouldnt end up in deeper snow. Took a few try's...

·
Registered
886 Posts
one of the mags, I think it was dirtwheels weight the outlander with a wet weight of 890. I hope they're wrong since the published weigh is 747 but I suspect it's close... guess we can't pick on the po po's for being heavy anymore.

It does seem to hide it's weight well but it is a heavy beast.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The gen 1s were heavier then most think as well. I know a gen 1 with 29.5 laws and some beer, and a bow with case was 960 lbs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gotta subscribe, the curiousity is getting me, lol.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
SORRY TO KEEP YOU INSUSPENSE!! Hard to believe for me as well. these scales 3000.00 true weight exact to the pound.

#1 my renegade 1000 all stock WITH Muzzys about -14 pounds over the stock exhaust pipe 2 bars left on the fuel gauge from Empty 802 POUNDS!!

LOOK AT THE BALANCE OF THE RENEGADE 1000!!! NEAR 50/50 all over. CAN AM DID THEIR HOMEWORK!!

#2 Outlander 1000 Muzzy pipe _14 pounds Clamp down rear rack (weighs very little) and 1 Bar on the gas gauge from empty. 878 pounds!!!

Look at the balance. if this had the stock pipe, it'd be balanced 50/50 all over like the renegade. the weight difference on the LEFT rear is from the Muzzys being lighter than the stock pipe.

#3. Last is a 2012 Brute force 750. these are supposed to be 620 pounds DRY. well this one is pretty damn wet. 1/2 tank of gas, skids, muzzys, rear bag (empty) and winch and front brush guars with heavier terracross tires. DAMN this thing got FAT fast. 833 POUNDS!!

This is simply to show you that weight of the machine IS NOT what you may thin k it is.

I also weighed my raptor 700. 400 pounds with a full tank of gas. but I didn't get pics.

here's my rider weight (about 269 pounds) (no helmet or riding gear on either)+ the renegade's weight combined. now the machine makes 71 rwhp, but we're moving OVER 1/2 a ton here!!!!

John

·
Registered
401 Posts
wow...thanks for ending the suspense! I am in shock of the weight of the BF! I never would have believed it had I not seen the pictures to prove it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks John the outty 1000 was actually lighter than my guess. I feel better now....LOL Man that brute has become a toad. Even subtracting 30 lbs for the tires it's a 800 lb. machine.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts