Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 renegade 570 xmr dash says it's locked in 4 but it's in 2 and will not do anything. Checked the fuses and pulled the 4x4 switch apart and still nothing. I can't hear the actuator making noise. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Yeah that would probably do it... good catch.

Reactions: purelybarbed

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
333 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The factory piece of plastic that covers the side of the motor. Pretty annoying. I'm going to stack a couple washers and get longer bolts to push the cover off the wires a little. I was trying to find a new plug but having a tough time. Looks like I have to try and heat shrink them without burning the plug. Maybe a little silicone after on the connectors too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I found the plug. It is a Toyota distributor speed sensor plug. I couldn't find anything when searching for can am stuff. I found it on a Toyota forum in Russia. Google translated it to english so I could read it. Bought it on ebay for 10 bucks with the same part numbers on my oem plug. If this happens to anyone else hope this helps!

2017 Renegade 1000xxc
35 Posts
So I found the plug. It is a Toyota distributor speed sensor plug. I couldn't find anything when searching for can am stuff. I found it on a Toyota forum in Russia. Google translated it to english so I could read it. Bought it on ebay for 10 bucks with the same part numbers on my oem plug. If this happens to anyone else hope this helps!
You are fast! I have that plug in stock but glad you got it done already. Its odd that it says you were in 4wd when you were not. I hope the actuator didn't short out. You can pull the 3 screws that hold the actuator in and watch it rotate to make sure it still works. Oil will come out when you take it off unless you raise the right side of your ATV higher than the left.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are fast! I have that plug in stock but glad you got it done already. Its odd that it says you were in 4wd when you were not. I hope the actuator didn't short out. You can pull the 3 screws that hold the actuator in and watch it rotate to make sure it still works. Oil will come out when you take it off unless you raise the right side of your ATV higher than the left.
Awesome thank you for the info. I was thinking it might have shorted out too by the way the dash was showing 4. If it's still acting up after the new plug I'll definitely do that.

2017 Renegade 1000xxc
35 Posts
Awesome thank you for the info. I was thinking it might have shorted out too by the way the dash was showing 4. If it's still acting up after the new plug I'll definitely do that.
The actuator is probably not broke, I hope its not! If it is though take a look at our manual conversion kits, they will be in stock in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The actuator is probably not broke, I hope its not! If it is though take a look at our manual conversion kits, they will be in stock in a couple weeks.
I already clicked on your website link. I definitely like the idea of your manual switch and eliminating the electronic bs. I'll be interested to see your kit when when they come out.

2017 Renegade 1000xxc
35 Posts
I already clicked on your website link. I definitely like the idea of your manual switch and eliminating the electronic bs. I'll be interested to see your kit when when they come out.
Thanks! Here is a video of the prototype. I now have the machined actuator but I am still working out some final details, then I will start production.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think I've read of other's having this exact same problem. This will get me to check mine out too.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts