Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i got a question about my key. sometimes i leave my key on to play music(speakers hooked to cig plug). after about 5 mins of sitting when i get back on it i have to turn the key off and let it sit until the screen turns off to start it. is this normal or what. just seems weird that it wont start after just 5 mins of sitting

·
Registered
842 Posts
I know if you leave it idling, the bike will shut itself off after 10 mins. for it's own protection. Possibly the same with having the key on, built into the ECM to protect the bike.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it just sucks if i sit there with the key on for longer than 5 mins without it running i have to turn the key to off and wait like 5 mins for the dash and everything to go off before i can restart it

·
Registered
842 Posts
Maybe connect your music to a power all the time wire and put an on/off switch in the line.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea dont like that ideal because ill leave the speakers on and run the battery down.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think there is a safety feature that if you forget to turn the key off the bike shuts down so you don't kill the battery. I'm only guessing. I left my key on by accident and when I came out the bike acted like the battery was dead. I turned the key off and back on a had power again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm guess i will just have to deal with it then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I use the brake to start it a lot but it still won't work if it's sat for 5 mins

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
It is a standard feature. On Can Am ATV s .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts