Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you confirm that your machine uses H4 bulbs? I know that my 2013 Outlander Max uses H11 bulbs for low beams and 9005 for high beams and I have had LED bulbs installed for almost 3 years now with no issues. I used to go through bulbs on a regular basis but these have been 10 times brighter and still going strong. Here are the ones I installed:

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The operators guide for my machine calls for HS1 bulbs. My dealer was not sure if the H4 would work so it is not clear even for him.
But the ad that is shown in my first post shows that it works for a range of bulbs including HS1.
That got my attention.

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
373 Posts
Did you confirm that your machine uses H4 bulbs? I know that my 2013 Outlander Max uses H11 bulbs for low beams and 9005 for high beams and I have had LED bulbs installed for almost 3 years now with no issues. I used to go through bulbs on a regular basis but these have been 10 times brighter and still going strong. Here are the ones I installed:
The only difference is that you have a G2 machine and Tozguy has a G2L. (with the big headlights)

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
2014 Outlander max xt 650
218 Posts
I ride through mud and water and power wash my machine and have not had any problems. Keep in mind I don't intently wash the lights but haven't noticed any leaking.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After my BRP dealer quoted 100$ for two LED bulbs for my '21 Max 450, I came across these on Amazon.
Are these junk or worth a try?
So I ordered some and will let y'all know how it turns out.
OK so the bulbs shown in the first post do not work. They do not have quite the same dimensions as the original HS1 bulbs. They will fit into the reflector but the beam is scattered (not focused).
Plus these bulbs were very poorly packaged and look to be very cheaply made. Stay away from them.

·
Registered
2018 Can Am Outlander 570XT
65 Posts
OK so the bulbs shown in the first post do not work. They do not have quite the same dimensions as the original HS1 bulbs. They will fit into the reflector but the beam is scattered (not focused).
Plus these bulbs were very poorly packaged and look to be very cheaply made. Stay away from them.
Beamtechs on the right, OE factory on the left. 2022 850 XTP and 2022 XT. I did silicone the contact area between the bulb housing and the bulb as I initially had water intrusion as well. No issues after that.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts