Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up uys, im bout to do some maintenance on my 2014 xmr 650.

planned on:
oil change and oil filter
front and rear diff fluids
tranny fluid
brake pads
clean air filter and air box
grease fittings
check belt housing and belt.
clean belt housing and clutches if needed

bike has 62 hours / 300 miles

did the first 10 hour service at the dealer
anything else i should do / check?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Looks like you have most of the bases covered. At 100hrs the manual calls for a fuel pump service, steering stem bushing grease and valve adjustment. All three of which are a PITA. May want to do some of that now if you are gonna tear your bike down, if not just leave it until you have 100hrs.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Make sure you have enough beer in the fridge if your going to do all that at once. Lol. As slim said you may want to check valves since its going to be apart.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hah yea it'll be a weekend job Forsure lol
I've never checked valves...don't have the tools or anything either. Should I take it to the dealer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Valves arent hard. Only tools you need are a feeler guage, 14mm alan head wrench or socket and a few basic hand tools, Mainly a 10mm wrench n socket. Lots of good info and advice if you search valve adjustment on here. You tube has some good videos as well. Your dealer should've checked them and or adjusted them at the 10 hr but you just never know for sure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they said they did, but you're right you never really know...I'll prob wait a lil while on valves, may try it my self just so I can know how for later on. Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts