Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Amsoil do I use for engine oil in my 2015 Outlander MAX 1000 XT and Renegade 1000 XXc

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I've been using the power sports formula 4 stroke 0-40.

Reactions: Scubasonic

·
Registered
503 Posts
X3

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That sounds like the ticket, do you use it in your truck and cars
Yes, I use the diesel marine in my 04 Dodge 5.9 and the 10-30 in my wife's 02 Grand Cherokee. Ran it for several years.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like the ticket, do you use it in your truck and cars
Yes, I use the diesel marine in my 04 Dodge 5.9 and the 10-30 in my wife's 02 Grand Cherokee. Ran it for several years.
Remember Dr. Z there is still room for you on our ride in Bend Oregon at "East Fort Rock" on the 16-18th of May? :aniwheeler6:

·
Registered
278 Posts
X4 I use the power sports 0w40 been using it since '10 in my 500 and my brother in his Suzuki s of over ten years.. No problems

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would not use AMSOIL power sports oil because it doesn't have any friction modifier's because it is made for wet clutch's .

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would not use AMSOIL power sports oil because it doesn't have any friction modifier's because it is made for wet clutch's .
Your the first one I have heard say something like this? Talked with the Amsoil rep he said the Power Sport 4 Stroke oil is what is recommended

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use Amsoil 10w 40. Take your pic brother .....it sounds like it's personal preference at this point

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Your the first one I have heard say something like this? Talked with the Amsoil rep he said the Power Sport 4 Stroke oil is what is recommended
What do you think he would say he want's to sell it . AMSOIL Power sport 4 oil will not do as well on a load test as Can Am Owen oil let alone mobile one .:smilietwocents:

·
Registered
503 Posts
This oil is used in sport quads that turn 13,000 rpm, i think itll do great in my canam.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
This oil is used in sport quads that turn 13,000 rpm, i think itll do great in my canam.
That may be so but some of the import's and with a turbo make 900 HP so what your point :th_smiliepullhair: If AMSOIL power sport Oil is better than Can Am oil show me the test. I know they want a lot of money for a after market oil.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm not sure what the best is either. My mind was made up on sticking with BRP stuff because my main goal is to not get screwed on possible warranty claims over the life of my warranty. Then I wanted Royal Purple cause it just sounds cool. And then I saw this video:

How many times will I start my bike up in -40° weather?? None. But it still makes Mobil 1 impress the hell out of me!

Another thing... Our manuals say use 5w-40. Why do a lot of people use 0w-40 and 10w-40? I would think the engineers that designed this machine know the best multi-weight synthetic oil to use. Or am I crazy?

Valvoline makes good products, right? I like the idea of using all the same brand for my diffs, engine and gearbox. Their synpower is good stuff I've heard. They have special ATV oil, but it's 10w-40, so according to the manual, I thought I shouldn't use it. If I choose them, their automotive synpower comes in 5w-40.

I also want to say, my riding style is such that I seldom do fluid changes. So money is not an issue since I do it so infrequently. I just want what's best.

Reactions: 650XmRLito

·
Registered
652 Posts
Having said all that, they're probably all the damn same and I just need to pick one.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wow im pretty impressed with the mobil 1 too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts