Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum as well as a new owner.
2015 500 Max XT in Pearl white. Just sitting in my garage with .4 on it
waiting to be broke in. I do not plan on riding it hard or abusing it
mostly trail riding and some snow plowing and hunting / ice fishing maybe.
My question is, what changes or upgrades should I do if any to improve
the life / durability of the machine other than the regular preventative maintenance? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
It's all personal preference. For me shocks were the best upgrade I did, second was 2" Rox risers and third was tires when the stockers were done. Heated H&T warmers, storage bag, windshield for colder temps and 4 gallon kimpex flat pack for those 300km days!

·
Registered
299 Posts
keep an eye on brake pads, from what i gather, stock are not good, won't last long. I wouldn't go back with factory pads, look for aftermarket at which there are different kinds and comments on which route to go. I would think by now you shouldn't have to do an frame mod like most have done with GEN1 outlanders? The heated warmers, storage container, windshield and 4 gallon flat pack that awful suggested sound like good options to add. Since i've had bad experiences with mods (upgrades?), i'd suggest staying as much stock as possible but that is me and my opinion? Pending on tires, that would be a possible do over once you wear out the stock unless you decide to change now and sell the stock to help with the cost of the new? By keeping up with the maintenance, you longevity of your unit will last. If you are an handy man and can do mechanics, you will save a ton of money by doing yourself with maintenance. Some gents on the other forum, over 16k miles on their atv. Brutal, huh? How about an pic?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Full skid plate is a must. I ripped that plastic one off after a couple runs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts