Can-Am ATV Forum banner
281 - 300 of 309 Posts

· Registered
1,185 Posts
what’s so dreaded about it?
I've been told that tire shops hate the stuff, because when they peel a tire off the rim, the slime pukes all over the place.

But for regular joes like you and I, Slime can be a godsend at times.

So I'm curious....is there actually a product called "bead sealer"? Gotta link?

Thanks.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
I've been told that tire shops hate the stuff, because when they peel a tire off the rim, the slime pukes all over the place.

But for regular joes like you and I, Slime can be a godsend at times.

So I'm curious....is there actually a product called "bead sealer"? Gotta link?

Thanks.
XTRA Seal Bead Sealer by Group® https://a.co/d/4L60r28

· Super Moderator
2,223 Posts
I hate slime. It gets everywhere on the tire machine and floor of shop plus it is corrosive if left long enough. Seen it eat/rust through a steel rim.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2018 Outlander 6x6
249 Posts
I wanted to pitch in and let whoever is interested to know that I bought and used one of the Bead Buster tools and it works amazing. If you want to clean and brush on some bead sealer, it's a great option on breaking down a bead on our atv's. I've done it using every method I could come up with over the years and that little tool turned changing tires on on our wheelers so much easier. Only thing better is taking it to a shop and having them do it! haha On another note, I swapped my 6x6 tires over to a new set and sold the stock tires to a buddy and I had filled them with slime. What a mess and I wanted them clean for my buddy so I had to spend some time cleaning them up. It does seem to work as I had a slow leak on an old honda years ago and it worked great. Next bead leak I'll just paint some bead sealer on it now that I have a tool to break the tire down.

· Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
8,242 Posts
got some bead sealer, pulled the valve let all air out. Breaking the bead is impossible.. I was able to squish the tire a bit to blow air around the bead and then add some sealer. Seems to be holding air. Wish I could get the gap a bit more it would be easier. Any tricks to do this?

wish I knew of a trick to separate the tire from rim a bit more for easier cleaning and application.
As @kobuk eluded to, ya gotta have the machinery to actually break a tires bead off the rim. You can sometimes get lucky with some "backwoods ingenuity", but ya really need the right tool

· Premium Member
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
1,135 Posts
It just makes a mess. Some of it gets hard some stays as slime for quite some time. The next time you open up that tire you're in for a treat.

A "buddy" asked me to change a set of tires for him and failed to tell me about the slime. All over the floor, the bead breaker, shoes..... yuckie. Don't use a broom to clean it up or you'll end up with a squeegee if it hardens. It just makes a mess........ but as a last resort it works.

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,116 Posts
what mod is this

• Helpful
Reactions: BombardierBomb

· Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
514 Posts
We finally got more snow , so i went for a ride hehe.
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Sky
Snow Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Sky Snow Vehicle
Snow Tree Plant Branch Carnivore

buddy wanted a stare contest , he would not move an inch.
Snow Automotive tire Tree Vehicle Tire

· Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
8,242 Posts
Well not today, but yesterday, finally got around to tinkering on the Mav a little. Trying to go for a ride Saturday with the whole fam

Finished up the fender flares install I started a couple of weekends ago. Bought I guess some of the last ones Kemimoto had. They arrived sans any instructions at all, and while they're mostly self-explanatory, I ended up finding the mud busters website where they host the instructions, kudos to them. Instantly answered my question(s) and finished that up. Discovered my belt box joint hoses were badly cracked and definitely not water-tight anymore, so I changed those out as well. Should be good to go now, let's go and see what we can break this weekend! :p

· Registered
514 Posts
Well not today, but yesterday, finally got around to tinkering on the Mav a little. Trying to go for a ride Saturday with the whole fam

Finished up the fender flares install I started a couple of weekends ago. Bought I guess some of the last ones Kemimoto had. They arrived sans any instructions at all, and while they're mostly self-explanatory, I ended up finding the mud busters website where they host the instructions, kudos to them. Instantly answered my question(s) and finished that up. Discovered my belt box joint hoses were badly cracked and definitely not water-tight anymore, so I changed those out as well. Should be good to go now, let's go and see what we can break this weekend! :p
But where is the picture of the aftermath? 👀

· Premium Member
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
1,135 Posts
Ok - I'm super jealous. This might be the first year in history we get NO snow. Thanks for sharing so I can live vicariously though your photos. I love that white stuff!

Do a donut for me.

· Registered
514 Posts
Ok - I'm super jealous. This might be the first year in history we get NO snow. Thanks for sharing so I can live vicariously though your photos. I love that white stuff!

Do a donut for me.
Haha, it’s melting already. Did some donuts already. 😂 The forecast tells that febuary will have artic temparatures, but forecast never knows a day ahead

· Registered
514 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
How many Outlanders do you need ? Not enough ever 😂 The XT-P has 600km in 3 years
Both for full service and ECM update on the DPS model.

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,116 Posts

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Is that a fire extinguisher on the front?

281 - 300 of 309 Posts