141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,977 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I hope it does ok. I’ve got a 2007 Rincon 680 and haven’t done anything to it since I bought it new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yup, and that’s because it’s a Honda.
Can am is a whole other beast my man. Remember back in the day the really hot chick? Everyone wanted her, but no one wants to keep up with her? Well a can am is similar, High performance machines - kinda like the hot blonde back in the day, but their high maintenance just like the girlfriend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Picked up a Extreme Front Bumper. Thing was coated with the rocker guard stuff which I was concerned how easily it would come off but it was actually quite easy. Cutting at the corners/edges I was able to just lift it off in massive chunks.

Flapped disc’d it down to bare metal and a few primer and flat black coats and looks mint. Was even able to salvage the little Can-Am symbol at the front face of it.

Overall, for just shy of $200 including bumper, winch relocate bracket (came with unit), primer and paint and a few hours of my time.

·
Registered
17 outlander XMR
40 Posts
Replaced 4 wheel bearings. They were bone dry. Apparently never serviced by the previous owner nor the shop I purchased it through 6 months ago.
Those with G2’s , pop the plastic caps off that square tube and clean it out. It was packed full of mud and had to use a tire iron and a mini sledge to chisel out 5 years of mud

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

Automotive tire Road surface Tire Asphalt Tar

Automotive tire Wood Grey Automotive wheel system Gas

Eye Water Automotive tire Light Wood
Eye Water Automotive tire Light Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas
Automotive tire Wood Grey Automotive wheel system Gas
Automotive tire Road surface Tire Asphalt Tar

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Installed new pads all around. On all 3 brakes the inner brake pad was signifantly more worn than the outter.
I wouldn’t think that’s normal - anyone she’d some light what the issue may be? Pistons slide back nicely and evenly.

·
Registered
17 outlander XMR
40 Posts
Installed new pads all around. On all 3 brakes the inner brake pad was signifantly more worn than the outter.
I wouldn’t think that’s normal - anyone she’d some light what the issue may be? Pistons slide back nicely and evenly.
I just changed mine out last week, my XMR seemed to be evenly worn, a few chips on the lower edges of the lining was all.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,977 Posts
Did the steering bushing upper and lower grease mod a month back. What a difference in steering feel and the fact it doesn’t squeak anymore!
Steering feels much easier too less resistance on it
That's awesome! I would love if you could create a separate thread to tell us more in details about this mod as I am contemplating it.

Reactions: EbenezerScrooge

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's awesome! I would love if you could create a separate thread to tell us more in details about this mod as I am contemplating it.
I didn't do a whole lot of research on this as I did on the shocks :p But in short summary;

But basically I followed this guide here - Greaseable steering stem bushes for the G2 Outlander.

I did opt to install brand new bushings in the upper location since it involves so much work I figured I start with new ones vs. re-use the old ones and hopefully not have to tear into this job again. The silicone I used, was the below to seal the bushing to the bracket. I used a 12" grease hose extension on the top and just tightened the coupler on the fitting that was on the bracket behind the airbox, grease connection is hidden behind the dash pod.

The lower bushing I did as per buddies instructions and it clears no issues. To grease, you turn wheels to one side, connect gun, grease and then remove the gun and just cycle the steering a few times with tires off the ground.

I did 4 rides now with this new mod, each ride was in quite hot weather (30C+) and only greased after the 3rd ride the steering. I greased it just cause, but it wasn't squeaking, the steering seems to require much less effort and no resistance is felt. And the squeaking is what drove me nuts - so i am glad this is resolved.

Font Material property Advertising Electric blue Poster

·
Registered
168 Posts
Any of you guys run 'bellows' on your diffs vs. the vent lines on the G2 chassis? I am seeing a lot of positive on running bellows vs. venting. I guess it keeps pressure in the diff and avoid water entry.

Worth the few dollar upgrade? Also, any specific part number I should be looking at if i wanted to make this swap?

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,569 Posts
That's an interesting take..... guess I could see the argument, just never realized it was that big a problem.

Are they shown in the average gen1 parts book?

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's an interesting take..... guess I could see the argument, just never realized it was that big a problem.

Are they shown in the average gen1 parts book?
I keep reading a lot of guys get water in their rear diff very easily.. regardless of the condition of the driveshaft phasing, pinion bearing, or pinion seal. Then I keep reading that water in the diff seemed to be a non-issue with the G1's.. and found threads guys talking about installing bellows vs. vent lines on their G2s. Why CAN-AM switched the design? God knows

When I rebuilt my diff with MudNWheels bearing/seal kit I recall seeing they offered the bellow as an adder.. however I had no idea why and never picked that $5 part lol. Well now I know why it seems to be a better solution potentially? For a few bucks it may be worth a change? I guess you can always unplug your vent line, tuck it up high and plug it in case you decide to change back?

I'm just curious if the typical one as the below would fit?

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,569 Posts
I don't see why not, the breather "tubes" are same size or close enough to not matter to stretchy rubber.

Reactions: EbenezerScrooge
141 - 160 of 187 Posts