Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a XXC 1000 and am putting the 4" Catvos on it (its on my Outlander now). Anyone out there with the same lift? What have you broken so far?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have put some thought into it, I think the small frame bikes hold up much better than the long frame. Pretty much the same drivetrain is in max frame bikes, so a few hundred pounds heavier! I mean our two gades held up great on 6" catvos, but we aren't nearly as hard of riders as you guys...we creep through a lot of stuff

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a 13 gade and I'm looking at getting a catvos 4 inch lift, Hows the ride ???

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just bought a XXC 1000 and am putting the 4" Catvos on it (its on my Outlander now). Anyone out there with the same lift? What have you broken so far?
Why put the lift on the renegade instead of just keeping it on the outy I mean if you want one for sport riding I would definitely choose the renegade over the outlander

·
Registered
632 Posts
Why put the lift on the renegade instead of just keeping it on the outy I mean if you want one for sport riding I would definitely choose the renegade over the outlander
Cause the rene is 100's of pounds lighter and that means more speed

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt throw an extra 11k into it so its in the shop most of the time while my buds are getting dirty. It weighs 1320lbs with the lift! I do love it when its running but everytime I unload it to go riding my first thought is "whats it gonna be this time?" Besides, I wanna wheely...and that big son of a bitch has a hard time getting the front end up in the water.

I might throw in an xmr diff and shaft straight off the bat on the Rene..already ordered 29.5 Outlaws, clutching etc.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I didnt throw an extra 11k into it so its in the shop most of the time while my buds are getting dirty. It weighs 1320lbs with the lift! I do love it when its running but everytime I unload it to go riding my first thought is "whats it gonna be this time?" Besides, I wanna wheely...and that big son of a bitch has a hard time getting the front end up in the water.

I might throw in an xmr diff and shaft straight off the bat on the Rene..already ordered 29.5 Outlaws, clutching etc.
What are you breaking??? Would you recommend a catvos lift 4 inch

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What are you breaking??? Would you recommend a catvos lift 4 inch
Diff, axel, ive had issues with gears and clutching too. This is all within a 5 week period! I would put a 4" catvos on an xmr with either 29.5 Outlaws or 30 SB...I wont buy OL'2s again, theyre way too aggressive.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Picked the bike up for the wife today.. Sweet little thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
keep that renegade stock !!! You will have alot less issues with it !! Trust me I know !! HAHAH , I got a 4in lifted max 800 and a 800 xxc stock renegade , and I love riding the renegade , never has problems and is fun and quick on the trails , my max I love but yea always working on it , just to get a few rides out of it before fixing it again and again and again !!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Mod anything and the reliability usually goes out the window, especially jacking them up and throwing huge tires on these things.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
keep that renegade stock !!! You will have alot less issues with it !! Trust me I know !! HAHAH , I got a 4in lifted max 800 and a 800 xxc stock renegade , and I love riding the renegade , never has problems and is fun and quick on the trails , my max I love but yea always working on it , just to get a few rides out of it before fixing it again and again and again !!
Thats exactly how i am with the Max, couple rides then back up on the work bench. Im gonna put a 2" lift on it with 29.5 Outlaws...the Renes gonna get the catvos with Outlaws and Im pretty sure ill have it on the bench less then the Max because of the weight difference. Also, the Outlaw 2's break shit...ive heard it over and over but just didnt want to listen, i'll never buy them again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts