Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Looking to relocate my radiator.
I'm thinking about getting a Wild Boar kit but courious to see what others have used.
I have a 2015 Outlander max 800r DPS. Tired of playing in the mud and quad going into limp mode cause of over heating. If you used a kit please let me know if it included all the hoses, mounts and wiring to relocate the radiator. What I have read some kits don't included a wiring harness for the fan.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,340 Posts
I went with a wild boar as well, and don't really have any "complaints", per se. It wasn't for my bike, tho I knew it was close enough that I could make it work, so I can't exactly comment on fitment n such. Price was right, quality's good, installation instructions leave a little to be desired, lol, but the average joe should be able to figure it out. "Drain coolant. Remove radiator. Relocate radiator. Refill radiator" lol

If I'm being transparent, I was perplexed at their choice of coolant hose joints. They use straight hose couplings in their kit, even tho the radiator is being lifted into a new location. Logic would dictate you'd want 90's to couple your coolant hoses together, not straights, which makes for "interesting" hose routings and radiuses to avoid kinking shut, but it's working......

As for any concerns of the cooling fan harness, I didn't experience anything like that. The harness had plenty of slack to drop down off the frame rail and tie into the fan at the stock location, it had plenty of slack to be "picked up" and re-routed to its new location, too. You're not moving the fan farther away from the bike, you're just lifting it, I didn't encounter any harness issues on that front.

Reactions: pprguy

·
Registered
164 Posts
factory.. comes with everything you need.. no issues with fit, hoses, harness, ect. cost more then a wild boar ( i do have one installed on another machine ) but solid build

1 - 5 of 5 Posts