Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the front shocks on my 2020 outlander max xt are nothing more than pogo sticks after 400 miles. I have tried to bandaid the the front end diving by putting HD springs 100 miles ago but at this point I think they are shot. Looking to do a whole set and was planning on going with Elka stage 3s but on their site it shows a 4-6 week build time due to COVID-19. So this leads me to possibly looking at others.

I read the very little information about griffin performance shoxs but don’t find much information on them due to some supposedly bad decisions in his past.

I realize the fox shocks are available but from what I’m seeing is they aren’t as good for the money compared to the elkas.

Any other options out there for the the 2020 outtys?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Spacers will get you their for now until your shocks come in... you can do it on the cheap or buy a good set..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do what I did. Just order and wait it out. I ordered my wife's stage 3's for her 570 on June 2nd, they are shipping this week so they aren't kidding about the 4-6 week wait. They will actually call you to confirm your order just in case you missed the wait period listed on their site. The shocks that came on her 570 were just scary how bad they were. I took one ride on it and apologized I had let her drive it with them at all. She's new to driving an ATV so she didn't know any better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s gonna be my plan then, is there any vendors to buy from on this site vs buying from Elka direct?

·
Registered
875 Posts
BRP is making it real easy to switch to Elka. They doubled the price of their Fox Podiums. $720.00 to $1525.00. No way are the Fox Podium worth that much. I know, I ran them on my 2014. They were a OK up grade from stock shock at $600.00 when I purchase my ATV, but I will not pay $1525.00. Don't know reason behind such a jump, other then they have them on the XMR line up now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I placed my order Monday night. They did in fact call to confirm my order because of the 6 week wait. Then unfortunately today I got a offer from a eBay vendor for $150 less than straight from elka 🤦‍♂️. Either way they should be here around the beginning of September

·
Registered
669 Posts
BRP is making it real easy to switch to Elka. They doubled the price of their Fox Podiums. $720.00 to $1525.00. No way are the Fox Podium worth that much. I know, I ran them on my 2014. They were a OK up grade from stock shock at $600.00 when I purchase my ATV, but I will not pay $1525.00. Don't know reason behind such a jump, other then they have them on the XMR line up now.
THIS!!!!!!!!!

I got the podiums for $575. Was stunned to see them go double. WOWOWOWOWOW not worth that! But they are night and day over the stock xt shocks (what I upgraded from).

I'd go even stage 1 elkas and it would be a huge improvement.

The reason they jacked the price... people caught on, and they want to make mega bucks off of them now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put Stage 1s on my 2005 Bombardier Outlander after I cracked off one of the stock shocks. Huge improvement. Can't go wrong with Elka.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Think I’m going to put stage 1 Elkas on my wife’s brute force. Can probably get $100 for the stock new shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah no shit. They were almost as bad as my
Xt shocks, but I think they still ride better. She’ll be mad at me until she rides it with elkas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
She's short so I will skip the riser. But I'll probably order those shocks this week. Like I said she'll be pissed until she rides it a few times. She's my riding partner, I want her as comfortable as I am... if not more comfortable.

I bought this brute for her this year in Sept since her 08 brute threw a rod.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts