Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Wow thanks for that link!! That’s a really good deal! I was going to wait but now I think I’ll just order them!

Plus I’ll get 5% back using PayPal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
790 Posts
the front shocks on my 2020 outlander max xt are nothing more than pogo sticks after 400 miles. I have tried to bandaid the the front end diving by putting HD springs 100 miles ago but at this point I think they are shot. Looking to do a whole set and was planning on going with Elka stage 3s but on their site it shows a 4-6 week build time due to COVID-19. So this leads me to possibly looking at others.

I read the very little information about griffin performance shoxs but don’t find much information on them due to some supposedly bad decisions in his past.

I realize the fox shocks are available but from what I’m seeing is they aren’t as good for the money compared to the elkas.

Any other options out there for the the 2020 outtys?
Jhall244: When a grown man is convicted of sexually assaulting a 14 year old girl, you describe it as " due to some supposedly bad decisions in his past. ". You should rethink your moral values!

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Jhall244: When a grown man is convicted of sexually assaulting a 14 year old girl, you describe it as " due to some supposedly bad decisions in his past. ". You should rethink your moral values!
I say supposedly because I chose not to waste my time to look into his life but what I did do was chose not to buy from him from what I read but I don’t know anything about what he did. Don’t worry, my moral values are straight but thanks for questioning them. None the less I can’t wait to get my elkas

·
Registered
874 Posts
the front shocks on my 2020 outlander max xt are nothing more than pogo sticks after 400 miles. I have tried to bandaid the the front end diving by putting HD springs 100 miles ago but at this point I think they are shot. Looking to do a whole set and was planning on going with Elka stage 3s but on their site it shows a 4-6 week build time due to COVID-19. So this leads me to possibly looking at others.

I read the very little information about griffin performance shoxs but don’t find much information on them due to some supposedly bad decisions in his past.

I realize the fox shocks are available but from what I’m seeing is they aren’t as good for the money compared to the elkas.

Any other options out there for the the 2020 outtys?
I'm going to start here. People need to do some real searching when they look at the 2021 Outlanders. BRP has made it real simple if you do your home work. For example, if you by the 1000 XT Outlander and 300 miles later find out the shocks suck. It is your own fault. I just did some pricing on the BRP site. In my opinion you should just leave the XT model and move up to the XT-P. No matter how I price it, with the Fox Podium $1559.00 or Fox Podium 1.5 $2379.00 on the XT Outlander it still was cheaper to go up to the XT-P. I'm in Canada so prices are different to USA. But as to what is on the BRP site the Fox Podiums are now $1559.00 and the Fox Podium 1.5 are $2379.00. So the XT-P 1000 is in Canadian $17499.00 the XT is$15699.00. add the shocks to the XT and see what you get. And don't forget the other extras that come on the XT-P.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Or if your a patient person you can get the xt and watch the sale boards and pick up a used set for next to nothing... when I got mine I could not justify the extra expense of shocks and deadlocks... but I agree that with the information out their you know exactly what your buying before u buy it.. only reason I put spacers in for now is the nose dive at speed just about sent me into the weeds several times... I could have lived with the soft suspension..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
Or if your a patient person you can get the xt and watch the sale boards and pick up a used set for next to nothing... when I got mine I could not justify the extra expense of shocks and deadlocks... but I agree that with the information out their you know exactly what your buying before u buy it.. only reason I put spacers in for now is the nose dive at speed just about sent me into the weeds several times... I could have lived with the soft suspension..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
When I bought my 2014 1000XT, I did the up grade then and it was only $600.00 installed. Last week the fronts were felling and banging big time. I still had the original stockers, so that's what on for now. I was just piss off the BRP put the Fox Podiums up from$720.00 to $1559.00 from 2019 to 2020. So I did some looking into, most people know if they do there home work that the stock shocks on the XT model will fell with in the 500 km range. Just something to think about when buy new.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I agree with you Born2atv that people should know two major things when the buy a Can am, they run hot and shocks suck. But I do think its crap that BRP puts such absolutely terrible shocks standard on these things. On my 570 when swapped springs (which didn't work) I could literally push down on the springs by hand to remove the top cap holding them on the shock! Thats pathetic. But your right a lot of times in the end just get the XT-P. But with the deal the member found on Elka Stage 3s for $1200, that makes the XT look much better!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I agree with you Born2atv that people should know two major things when the buy a Can am, they run hot and shocks suck. But I do think its crap that BRP puts such absolutely terrible shocks standard on these things. On my 570 when swapped springs (which didn't work) I could literally push down on the springs by hand to remove the top cap holding them on the shock! Thats pathetic. But your right a lot of times in the end just get the XT-P. But with the deal the member found on Elka Stage 3s for $1200, that makes the XT look much better!
Yes I too seen on the Elka site the deal. $1706.00 Stage 3 Canadian $ for me, but still a awesome price when compared to BRP deals.

·
Registered
510 Posts
When I bought my 2014 1000XT, I did the up grade then and it was only $600.00 installed. Last week the fronts were felling and banging big time. I still had the original stockers, so that's what on for now. I was just piss off the BRP put the Fox Podiums up from$720.00 to $1559.00 from 2019 to 2020. So I did some looking into, most people know if they do there home work that the stock shocks on the XT model will fell with in the 500 km range. Just something to think about when buy new.
ya not sure what brp was thinking raising the price so high.. Figured they were going to make more profit i guess but in reality it backfired on them as no one is probably buying them now. I would have gotten a set until i seen the price..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts