Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the can am world and just bought a 2013 renehade 1000. I need to know what i need to do to get this machine swamp ready. I ordered a snorkel, 2" lift and 32" Silverbacks for a starter. Can i even clear 32s with juststock height. I read on a few post about moving the floorboards forward but i get lost at some "L" shaped bracket. I have the G2 frame so idk if its different and if i can even do this with mine. So many questions idk where to start. If any of you with lots of advice are bored and would like to just post me a novel of what to do to get my atv ready for deep water and mud ibwould greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
827 Posts
Start with the basics. You've got the lift and tires (not sure if they will fit either) but you will DEFINITELY need to clutch for those meats. Don't waste your money on a kit though. Go ahead and get a primary/secondary setup and be done with it! The gains from that alone will be substantial. (Saving my pennies for a setup now.) So clutches should be priority. Second I would snorkel it. It isn't to bad of a job to do on your own if you have a little ingenuity and with the help from the multiple write ups here it should be a piece of cake. Not to mention the finished product will be much better than a kit, and cheaper!

Next, I would relocate that radiator. Nothing worse than a bike running hot on a ride. Get it out of harms way early! From there you are pretty much set. You can throw an exhaust and tuner on if you want but it's not at all necessary.

That's just about all I can think of that you "need" to ride. It won't be cheap but nothing in this hobby is right??

Reactions: ReneyMan13

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Did you not buy an XMR for a specific reason? They are made specifically for what you are trying to make your Renegade into... Just curious

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got this renegade 1000 (or so i think) for a steal or i would've got a xmr. It was a left over 2013 with 0 hrs on it never even had a battery in it and got it from the dealer for $9,000.

If i got a 4" lift would i have to buy anything else like longer CV shafts and shit like that or will a 4" lift bolt right on?

What clutch set up do you recommend? Name brand, type, size? Idk if they make different sizes that are stronger than others or how all this works.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
clutches.....talk to VFORCE JOHN on this forum...he is very good guy to deal with and sells clutches...

·
Registered
947 Posts
With a 4" lift ur going to need axles for sure. Running 32s ur gonna want better that stock axles anyway. There a few option out there, gorilla, Rhino, turner. As said clutches are a must. VforceJohn has solid stuff and just out out his own full primary not long ago. QSC has a well known great set up as well. Many go with the QSC primary and STM secondary clutches and u can't go wrong there. Call the guys at QSC. They will see u up.

Reactions: ReneyMan13

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't forget to add dielectric grease to every electric connection you can find. Also, make sure all of your vent lines have been run up nice and high. If you are going to be spending a bunch of time submerged look into an aftermarket gas cap with an oversized gasket. The stockers are known to let water in if under for a while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome you guys are a lot of help! How about that belt? Does that cover seal up good enough to keep water out?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yup the upgraded cover should give you no worries. One little mod I saw on here that I keep meaning to do is to add a piece of clear tubing to the drain on the cvt cover with a little ball valve at the end so that you can do a quick visual check to see if there is any water in there. Can't remember the name of the thread or the poster or I would link to the thread and give props for the good idea.
Another nice little mod is the "Osta-cut" snorkel intake mod.
actually his whole machine is b!tchin' but check out the cut to the snorkel so that when you are wheelying in a water hole you don't suck in your shirt and starve the machine for air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts