Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching tires and I haven't seen posted anywhere whether the size of wheel makes a difference on weight, chance of bending rim, or both. Can anyone tell me if wheel size makes a difference compared to tire size?

I am deciding between the bighorn 2.0's and the pitbulls growlers/rockers but not sure what size tire or wheel I want on my 07 gade.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
14" wheels are heavier than 12's most times. The 14" tire has less sidewall flex and can handle better but will also make the ride a little more rigid. A tire on a 12" rim will be very similiar in weight to a tire on a 14" rim. More rubber in a 12" rim tire but more weight in a 14" rim so they stay close.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14" wheels are heavier than 12's most times. The 14" tire has less sidewall flex and can handle better but will also make the ride a little more rigid. A tire on a 12" rim will be very similiar in weight to a tire on a 14" rim. More rubber in a 12" rim tire but more weight in a 14" rim so they stay close.
Cool Thanks. That is was I was kind of thinking.

A lot of posts rate tires for mud rocks dirt etc. but does anyone have thoughts on the best tire for snow from the ones I listed above?

·
Registered
141 Posts
My rockers go great in the snow and I think the growlers might even run a little better. The big sacrifice with them is weight.....they are HEAVY!!!

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts