Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Outlander 500 v-twin efi 2012
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone point me in right direction, my bike doesn鈥檛 seem to want to get off the ground into a wheelie, she used plenty of power but will not lift, am I doing something wrong or do I need to upgrade something to get it onto the back wheels ? Thanks 馃憤馃徑馃憤馃徑

Registered
Are you saying it used to have plenty of power or has plenty of power. What size of atv is it?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Registered
Can't see how this is any good for the Can-Am. God willing, mine is to last decades. Wheelies, burn-outs, deep mud, jumping, skidding to a stop, etc. is not going to help.

Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
You need to have your wife sit on the back rack. If it doesn鈥檛 work, have her eat a bunch of biscuits for a month and try again.
lmao

you ain't right...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kusa

Registered
Green 2006 outlander 400 XT, yellow 06 outlander 400 max XT
Looking at the OP signature he has a 500. Not sure there is enough power in that. Maybe clutch kit to raise engagement rpm to get the sudden power hit. Then probably eventually need to replace transmission or rear end. In my 400 I would like more instant harder power hit to lighten the front end trail riding like on a snowmobile, but these are much different than a snowmobile with a lot less hp and more weight.

Registered
2004 outlander 330, 2004 outlander 400, 2020 Brute Force
Not gonna happen in a 500. Maybe in low standing on back rack. My 570 would wheelie in low on black top but never in high. Till i put a cvtech on then it wheelied with ease. The little 500/570s are great motors they just dont have the low end punch.

Registered
I can wheelie the 570s in high but I have to stand on the back. The 500s had even less low end than the 570s so your gonna have to work pretty hard to get it to wheelie.

Reactions: Mjd5182

Registered
Green 2006 outlander 400 XT, yellow 06 outlander 400 max XT
I have friends that have a couple of polaris 400HO (really 450cc), I think early-mid 2000's and they can but it has something to do with how the drive train is on those. The wheeler like start out in low and then shift to high. I didn't really understand when he tried to explain it. didn't sound like those have a low manual select and a high manual select like the outlander does

Registered
2021 renegade xmr 1000
Roll to a stop with your brakes, let off, punch it and pull back on the bars, might need too stand on the rack. Try it in different drive modes.

Registered
Go to YouTube there are wheelie for beginner videos. You just need to lean back and pull up on the bars while giving it gas. Can do wheelies on a 450 Wolverine even a 300 it鈥檚 just technique. Watch the videos and start out slow when first starting to learn.

Registered
Wheelies are an essential part of ATVing and you look cool when doing it especially if you can hold the wheelie for a long time. Put a back pack on for the full wheelie effect. When people see the wheelie they are automatically impressed by the sheer skill of the rider, you look tough and in control just like us ATV'ers look all the time. Pull the wheelie off in the woods on rocks and your even cooler......come on.....

Registered
Outlander 500 v-twin efi 2012
Discussion Starter #17
Are you saying it used to have plenty of power or has plenty of power. What size of atv is it?

It has plenty of power, it鈥檚 a 500cc but for some reason it鈥檚 much quicker than my friends 800cc off the mark and top end !!

Registered
It has plenty of power, it鈥檚 a 500cc but for some reason it鈥檚 much quicker than my friends 800cc off the mark and top end !!
What brand of 800? If its a can am something is wrong with it.
Go to YouTube there are wheelie for beginner videos. You just need to lean back and pull up on the bars while giving it gas. Can do wheelies on a 450 Wolverine even a 300 it鈥檚 just technique. Watch the videos and start out slow when first starting to learn.
Yah but those wolverines are foot shift. They have a lot more snap from the get go than the cvt. Plus those are so much lighter in the front than his outty.

It is possible on the outty but even harder than those smaller, lighter, foot shift models.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts