1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Filter sock in the tank and can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Thanks! Just take that black cap off and pull it out?
The sock is hooked to the end of the fuel intake in the tank, to filter the junk. Can't tank it off without taking the sending unit and pump out of the tank. Is it acting bad?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Be careful pulling the pump out so you don't mess up the floater.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I jus finished taking apart every connector and puting dielectric grease in them.

Some of the bigger main connections had some already maybe they did that for the XMR knowing its ment to be in the water more so then the others I dunno.

But It gives me piece of mind knowing they have another layer of defence.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
They do that to all the machines......not just the XMR. But yes, I did the same thing when mine was new.....greased every connector before it left my garage. Much easier to do when everything is NEW and CLEAN!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
For the dielectric grease. It depend more on the type of riding that you intend to do. I have been riding bikes of one sort or another for 50+ years and not had a problem. But then I do not run in the water. I do from time to time cross a stream or run in wet areas but do not have the bike submerged in the water. The ones that are having the problems are those who want to run the ATV as if it were a PWC. (Personal Water Craft)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No not havin any problems, just wanting to know where everythings at and how to fix/clean. In the process of greasing the connectors, some already had it but gonna put another layer to be safe. Thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts