Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has been discussed but I can't find it . Where are you guys mounting or stashing your fuel controller? I'm installing a EJK.
I'm also installing clutches and see where some are using high temp anti-seize on the tranny output shaft. Is this commonly done on the primary side as well? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You don't want any anti seize on the shafts they are tapered fit primary side just clean that's it. Fuel controller under the plastic cover next to air box seat area tucks in real nice.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help Bud!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah that's where I mounted mine. As high as I could on the air box. Wires wasn't really long enough to get it where I want it. But so far I've had no problems with mine!.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
I recommend extending the ground and mounting it inside the gauge cluster area. If you do trail riding I think the air box location is fine.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I recommend extending the ground and mounting it inside the gauge cluster area. If you do trail riding I think the air box location is fine.
This is good advice, this is where I've mounted all of the tuners I've ever owned, high and dry. You can extend the ground like mentioned above and ground to the side of the motor where they recommend, or the battery. You can also ground it to the stock winch ground without extending the cable, and if you mount it to the side of the pod support under the gauge pod the ground wire will reach to the common ground on the motor, but barely.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I've got it mounted in the cubby between the seat and air box. I glued a piece of foam to the air box so that the Pelican 1010 case would sit straight up and down. I cut the side pieces off ( strap slots?)of the case so it fit better. Filed a slot down into the bottom half of the case front just big enough for the harness to slide down into and the lid to close. Will silicon around it later but the way it fits, I think it take a while for water to seep in even if it was completely submerged. I drilled a very small hole in the webbing of the air box on the right side of the case and a very small hole in the webbing of the air box in the left side mounting tab where the air box bolts to the frame. I shortened a small bungee that comes with some game cameras. The wire ends are very small and the strap part is no bigger than a shoe lace. Holds it place nicely. Thanks for your help guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm not a fan of sealing up those electronics in water tight enclosures. Condensation forms and eventually ruins the boards inside. Happened to a lot of members now.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up XMARGH! Damn, thought I had a sweet set up. Looks like I'll be losing the case and putting under the pod once I'm done adjusting.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm not a fan of sealing up those electronics in water tight enclosures. Condensation forms and eventually ruins the boards inside. Happened to a lot of members now.

yep, totally agree. it's OK if it gets wet, but it also needs to dry.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks for the heads up XMARGH! Damn, thought I had a sweet set up. Looks like I'll be losing the case and putting under the pod once I'm done adjusting.
No worries I too thought it was an awesome setup till the stories of failed units and corroded boards started to surface!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Aren't the new Dobecks supposed to be water proof? HMF claims theirs are, and they are all made by Dobeck?

You only have to watch 25 seconds into the vid to see where they make the claim

·
Registered
148 Posts
I stuck mine right next to the filter cover (g2) without any box or anything of the sort. I don't believe they are water proof, water resistant is what dobeck told me when I talked to them to determine mounting. For some reason I can't upload a pic might now but I'll try and figure it out and post later

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
" Completely Waterproof" I should save the video. Might come in handy later lol!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

That is right from their YouTube page. I'd have to think that so long as you mount it up high and give it the chance to dry out if it does get wet so that corrosion doesn't kill it, they are fairly water resistant.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
No worries I too thought it was an awesome setup till the stories of failed units and corroded boards started to surface!
Ya in a case is not a good idea lol, i found that out

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
i seen one go up in smoke after being submurged for about 10 minutes

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mine is grounded to a frame bolt under the seat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts