Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that travel a ways in the cold, which fairing seems to work the best for you? Where I like to ice fish it is 19 miles each way and can also be windy traveling there. I think I would like a fairing for winter only riding. A lot of the reviews on the Can-Am fairing sounds like the quality isn't very good. Is there another good option? It doesn't need to be fancy and I don't need lights in it. I have seen on older machines a totally clear unit and that would work if they are still available. My machine is a 2018 650DS. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For what your going to spend you could buy a good windproof coat... I do allot of winter riding and I'm due for a new jacket as the wind goes right through it now.. my buddy just uses a good windproof shell and a few layers under and is good and warm..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Can-Am deluxe fairing. I have used it extensively during the fall/winter in both eastern and northern Ontario. I have zero complaints about the quality and it has stood up to some very hard trail riding getting "whacked" by branches, small trees - operating on very cold days etc.

I went with the high windshield which works well for me. I'm 6'1" and it directs the wind right over my head. There is a higher/wider windshield option that I considered but have found "no need" - and the windshields can be easily swapped out (takes under a minute). In fact, the entire fairing can be removed in a few seconds after it's fully installed. I did add lights to it (but not the overpriced OEM ones). They are "very useful" since the point in the direction you turn the handlebars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I do have a good coat and full faced helmet but when it's windy as it was last year, air seems to find it's way up under my helmet. What I have works, I was just hoping to make it a little better. The deluxe fairing might be my best option but the price might be a little steep for the few times I would probably want to use it. On the other hand, it might make it a lot more enjoyable trip!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think Moose makes a universal one .
Their quality in other products is top notch , but I cant comment on that particular item.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts