Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 outlander 6x6 with a 2" riser, factory hand warmers, winch switch and gps mount all on my handlebar. I am looking for some hand guards to block the wind and from keeping those alder branches from smacking me in the hands. I guess it would need to work with all of the accessories I have going on and I don't want that one piece can am style. I am up for aftermarket or OEM and was hoping someone had some hands on advice. I would prefer black.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have had both styles of can am ones and quite honestly I found the one pc cheap setup blocks the wind the best. I was going to swap em out but after a few rides I'm going to keep em

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to me that I have too much going on for the one piece design. Could be wrong

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
525 Posts
I have had both styles of can am ones and quite honestly I found the one pc cheap setup blocks the wind the best. I was going to swap em out but after a few rides I'm going to keep em

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Can you please post the link to the one pc cheap setup.?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
115 Posts
I use the deluxe faring with large windshield. That has kept me from being whacked often. Face and hands.
Same here and it’s fitted, (along with factory heated grips and winch control), with my own installation of a powered Garmin Montana 700i AMP cradle and Quad Lock phone mount. No problem mounting them on the handlebars alongside the Deluxe Fairing Q/D attachments.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that I'd love that deluxe fairing for winter riding but not for hunting season and that's when I get the ol knuckle slap. I see one that only connects into the outer tube of the bar. That one looks promising.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
523 Posts
I think that I'd love that deluxe fairing for winter riding but not for hunting season and that's when I get the ol knuckle slap. I see one that only connects into the outer tube of the bar. That one looks promising.
You can always remove the windshield from the faring. That way you still have handguards and cup holders!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a good idea too. I don't supose anyone has some close up photos on how they mount and what the outside looks like? Will it work with a 2" riser?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
That's a good idea too. I don't supose anyone has some close up photos on how they mount and what the outside looks like? Will it work with a 2" riser?
I have many pictures on this forum of my machine with the faring. It is a quick detach setup and will work with a riser as it mounts directly to the handlebar.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
525 Posts
They come stock on every xt model
Ah yes yes. The horizontal one-piece black guard.
Deluxe Fairing on:
...... and off:
I visited the local dealership a couple of weeks back and I spoke with the owner/engineer there about the deluxe fairing. He told me that he has it on his machine, but that he was not very happy with it since it rattles a lot despite many adjustments he made. He talked me out of it basically for now.
Are you guys with the deluxe fairing experiencing rattling noises coming out of it?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I never heard a rattle from mine. Maybe that guy just sucks at putting things together. I have youtube videos of mine and you can see the windshield jolting now and then but never a rattle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts