Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yes, basically all it does is takes some of the cvt exhaust and directs towards rear of machine, it definitely doesn't take all the heat a way but helps a little bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I feel for you, I bought a 19 XT 1000 and man it is hot, So much so I have burns on my leg,Melted the left rear shock bump stop.This is total B.S. You can contact the Consumer product safety commission and file a complaint. I am going to do this, with enough people having this problem they can force Can Am into a recall. As for who's fault it is, It's Can Am's, they need to address this in there testing.Anytime you are melting parts there's a problem, the CPSC goes after these issues.Just Google them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I feel for you, I bought a 19 XT 1000 and man it is hot, So much so I have burns on my leg,Melted the left rear shock bump stop.This is total B.S. You can contact the Consumer product safety commission and file a complaint. I am going to do this, with enough people having this problem they can force Can Am into a recall. As for who's fault it is, It's Can Am's, they need to address this in there testing.Anytime you are melting parts there's a problem, the CPSC goes after these issues.Just Google them.
Nothing like having a catalytic converter on your four Wheeler that’s probably the next step. No thanks I’ll deal with the heat

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you never complain then there is no chance of ever having this crap fixed.This is what BRP likes to here from the people they sale to,O well I will live with it. Screw that!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Umm your sitting on top of a 91 hp of fire breathing monster..... it’s going to be a little warm. I know how warm my little 500 gets it’s not crazy bad but warm. So with help from suggestions on here I’m going to do something about my new one when it gets here. And yes it sucks but it is want it is and it’s not cam ams fault.... do you really believe they want their engines running this lean ?!?!?!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not Can Ams fault at all, 100% EPA emissions. To fix, get an ECM reflash that adds Fuel and turns on the fan at 180'. Wrap the headers with Header wrap and silicone header wrap spray. add reflective heat tape to inner plastic side panels. remove front and side plastic panels that are not needed. you could also reroute the CVT exhaust.
all can ams starting with the 570 are all performance type Atvs in there particular CC class. HP causes heat, can am has long been know for this, this is nothing new since 2006. Fixes have and always will be the buyers responsibility after purchase. like every thing you buy you must research, during research this is usual the first thing that pops up with can am is the heat issue. fix the issue and be done but even fixing the issue riding in the 95 to 100 degree weather its still going to feel hot as hell with the current conditions we have this summer.
yamaha, suzuki and others are far from performance atvs, hell your 570 will smoke there 700/750 class atvs. they have way less heat but half the HP, you have to ask your self what do you want? shit power and no heat or gobs of power and heat. you bought a Can am so you get power and heat.
Question???
Have you or any in your crew, have the whole exhaust ceramic coated. header all the way back. Then wrapped???
I was told $200 for the whole system outside only. I guess they spray it on like powder coating???
Not familiar with this process
Any info good or bad would be vary helpful

·
Registered
24 Posts
What your saying make no sense, if people on this forum can make up heat shields I would think BRP can make them and better. Why should I pay 12000.00 for a atv and then do there job for them. This is what they hope for, I had 3 XP's 850's before the outlander and the heat was no where this bad. they had there issues but this was not one of them. If people would complain enough they would fix the problem. But as long as you are ok fixing there product go ahead..My feeling is if they can't fix it don't sell it, your giving them a pass sad to say.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Question???
Have you or any in your crew, have the whole exhaust ceramic coated. header all the way back. Then wrapped???
I was told $200 for the whole system outside only. I guess they spray it on like powder coating???
Not familiar with this process
Any info good or bad would be vary helpful
Don't waste your money, the coatings are only making pin pricks at the problem.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Their we go... file complaints and the next model coming out will have less hp and be higher in price... heat has been a issue for years so if you would have done your research you would have made a informed decision and stayed away from can am... as funny as this sounds you would not buy a car that had "over heating issues would ya"... I did my research and made a informed decision. So I made the decision to tune or do other mods to help with the issue if it became a problem for me.. so that's on me.... so quit blaming can am because you made a poor choice on your machine. You had the same resources to research with and make a informed decision. How many posts are u going to start on this subject?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 outlander 800r xmr
94 Posts
heat is energy. if its hot ride faster get some air flowing threw the machine my 15 outlander xmr 800 gets the piss rode out of it and its never even come close to melting plastics im in southern wv the trails are tight and rocky when it starts to get hot either stop and let it cool down or hit the gas and let the rad do its job.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Their we go... file complaints and the next model coming out will have less hp and be higher in price... heat has been a issue for years so if you would have done your research you would have made a informed decision and stayed away from can am... as funny as this sounds you would not buy a car that had "over heating issues would ya"... I did my research and made a informed decision. So I made the decision to tune or do other mods to help with the issue if it became a problem for me.. so that's on me.... so quit blaming can am because you made a poor choice on your machine. You had the same resources to research with and make a informed decision. How many posts are u going to start on this subject?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Yes you are right 100 percent, I should have done my home work better. But that dose not make it right to give them a pass. because you are like sheep and won't stand up to what is right that is why people are having to deal with this mess.You make no sense in what you say, if people on this forum can make up some sort of heat shielding why can't BRP? no loss of HP in that. I am not that way, melting any part from heat is not normal on a stock machine. Yes I am filing a complant and hope many more people will.A 12000.00 atv should not be melting parts. I made a mistake buying the Can Am but I will not just roll over without trying to voice my dislike.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts