Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would bet you never heard of the CPSC? If you had you had no idea what they do. I will post as many as I like to get some people who really give a crap a place to go if they won't to file a complaint.

·
Registered
510 Posts
While a heat shield works and is a good idea and with it being alum it will dissipate some heat as well. but thats just a band aid and masks the issue... File your complainant if i remember correctly they need about a 10% reporting of the issue nothing will ever become of it especially since the issue has been going on for years and most people just pony up the few $$ and get it tuned...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I would bet you never heard of the CPSC? If you had you had no idea what they do. I will post as many as I like to get some people who really give a crap a place to go if they won't to file a complaint.
you have no idea of what i know so don't even go their!! you made the dissension and now your mad at yourself that u did... Took me 6 months to a year of reading everything i could and watching and talking with friends that rode them before i jumped on the can am... and we just bought another a few days ago... but i did my research and knew what i was dealing with if it becomes a issue

·
Registered
18 Posts
2018 outlander 570 and crazy heat from the left side. Is this mostly because the Cvt exhaust for some reason dumps right onto the exhaust pipe therefor blowing all the hot air right on your leg and making the plastics so hot they either feel like they are going to melt or just so hot you can barely touch the plastics. What is the cheapest easiest fix. Only mod my bike has is the rad relocation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2009 Outlander 800 XT, my wife rides a 2007 Outlander 800 max, both would burn your legs on the side. I took a piece of heavy aluminum foil and hung it inside the plastic and hung a carpet sample outside the foil on both sides of both machines, we now can ride both machines in shorts. This was done 10 years ago and has cause no problems that we know of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do the wholesale atv flash. Only 99$ and worth it.
Plus 1 on the wholesale ATV flash. I ride a 1000 Max, and it helped alot. I also have my bike snorkeled, so the air from the clutch isnt pushing the heat off the exhaust onto my calf and foot. The air that comes off the clutch exhaust isnt that hot. I think the engineers thought using the air from clutch, exhausting into that tin shielding around the head pipe along with more plastic (on G2s) would thwart the problem, and it did somewhat, but it's still hot because they have to be so lean for emissions.

·
Registered
748 Posts
you have no idea of what i know so don't even go their!! you made the dissension and now your mad at yourself that u did... Took me 6 months to a year of reading everything i could and watching and talking with friends that rode them before i jumped on the can am... and we just bought another a few days ago... but i did my research and knew what i was dealing with if it becomes a issue
Yeah no kidding guy comes on here whining and calling people sheep because they say things he doesn't like. Go on any can am, Polaris, kawi and yammi forum. They all have threads about how hot they run. It's not just can am. They are all running lean from factory, you have a 90hp machine with motor and clutches completely encased in plastic. My brute force runs just as hot as my buddies 650xt, my other riding buddies 2017 grizz clutch isn't as hot but motor puts out a lot heat. And if you think can am, Polaris or any other Powersports manufacturers care about a few guys whining on the internet I got some beachfront property I'll sell ya real cheap:)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Question???
Have you or any in your crew, have the whole exhaust ceramic coated. header all the way back. Then wrapped???
I was told $200 for the whole system outside only. I guess they spray it on like powder coating???
Not familiar with this process
Any info good or bad would be vary helpful
no body in my crew has done the ceramic coating, neither have i. but about 10 years ago a guy that was very popular in the performance aspect of the can am scene did. his findings were that the wrap got rid of way more heat and was a 3rd of the cost. maybe the coating has gotten better but i have not scene anything recently, i know the wrap if done the right way works great and lasts a long time.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yes you are right 100 percent, I should have done my home work better. But that dose not make it right to give them a pass. because you are like sheep and won't stand up to what is right that is why people are having to deal with this mess.You make no sense in what you say, if people on this forum can make up some sort of heat shielding why can't BRP? no loss of HP in that. I am not that way, melting any part from heat is not normal on a stock machine. Yes I am filing a complant and hope many more people will.A 12000.00 atv should not be melting parts. I made a mistake buying the Can Am but I will not just roll over without trying to voice my dislike.
I would not say people on here are sheep, as many have said this has been a know issue with can am for a long time caused by emissions. if you can't tell, can am has addressed the issue. Is this your first Can Am atv? if it is then you probably don't know what steps they have taken to lessen the issue over the years, or do you?

·
Registered
293 Posts
no body in my crew has done the ceramic coating, neither have i. but about 10 years ago a guy that was very popular in the performance aspect of the can am scene did. his findings were that the wrap got rid of way more heat and was a 3rd of the cost. maybe the coating has gotten better but i have not scene anything recently, i know the wrap if done the right way works great and lasts a long time.
Ok good to know I’m scratching that off my list just wrap and the other stuff you mentioned. (y)

·
Registered
20 Posts
This summer has been cold and rainy as heck (here in the Yukon Territory), I'm actually enjoying the heat our machines produce. But I would likely do some mods living down South or normal summer up here. I'm looking at the dynojet power vision 3 for my 2020 6x6 1000 next year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man this forum sounds like a bunch of paid spoke people for BRP, Why would anyone buy one of these ATVs knowing they have these sort of problem's and just figure I will band ad it? man I feel stupid for not reading more before I bought but to buy one knowing? I don't feel so stupid after all. There will be a new crop of buyers everyday so if my wining helps one person then it is worth it.No one here would accept buying a new car or truck that had these problems and not scream bloody murder to the dealer so why accept this crap from a offroad Mfg? makes no sense. I don't care how old the problem is IT DOSE NOT MATTER IT'S NOT RIGHT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol the heat is just a fact not an issue for me. I have a 2005 Arctic Cat 650 (with that nice Kawi engine in it) and a 2006 800 outlander plus this new 6x6 outlander... they all get real warm in the summer but not that it's a big issue. I put a dynojet box into the 650 for all kinds of reasons and it never failed. Anyway, the canams are a way better performing ATV than anything else I owned (Hondas and AC mainly) and they all have their small problems so does my old Dodge truck and my Tacomas... But I own each of them for their performance, for the jobs they do best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would not say people on here are sheep, as many have said this has been a know issue with can am for a long time caused by emissions. if you can't tell, can am has addressed the issue. Is this your first Can Am atv? if it is then you probably don't know what steps they have taken to lessen the issue over the years, or do you?
Yes this is my first Can Am ATV, I have had 4 Polaris Atv's in the last 16 years, My last 3 were XP 850's a 09, 13, and a 16 model, The last one was so problem prone you were taking a chance everytime you went out that you would get back. The first 2 for the most part were good ATVs, I will not give Polaris a pass, But after riding them for 9 years I can say they have a better suspension then the Outlander, better shocks and springs. The ground clearance is much better, the area under the front diff is 3 to 4 inches higher then the Can Am, I have hit rocks so hard that I thought I could damage the front diff with the Can Am . yes I know about the skid plates. The XP is a little narrower at the seat so it fits me better,I can tell you 100 percent that they don't put out heat like the Can Am. I have taken a beaten here, but I can't believe everyone on here knew about this problem, melting shock bump stops, let alone the loss of performance to the shock, a weak suspension compared to other brands, "shocks and springs" having to band ad this to just ride the dam thing and still bought one? I can't wrap my mine around this? I kick myself for not reading deeper into this mess, I made a 12400.00 mistake. to pay this much for a ATV is border line stupid then have to fab all this BS up just to ride it with some sort of comfort is not right. This is a dream come true for BRP, push this crap out the door and let the end user figure out how to make it work. For Gods sake, If you can't fix it don't sale it! This is why there never has been a fix, people just except. I may not get anywhere with the CPSC but I have filed a report with pictures and hope other people will also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I get your point but those are no big deals for me. Canams are a good platform to start with and then one can make them even better. I have no melting issues or suspension problems. The only problem I can see for people is getting back on a 4 wheeler after you took a ride on the 6x6 and experienced the suspension and floating ride they have lol. The only issue I had was the timing chain on the 2006 outlander but I fixed it myself. This bike works fine and performs the hell out of any other ATV I ever owned and would not ever trade any 'reliable Honda' or other brand for it. The real problem (where I live) is the dealership not the brand. Our BRP dealer has the worst service but it's also a known issue. I don't need them and they don't need me... lol

·
Registered
510 Posts
got a little bored this morning and had a good laugh.... Can am had a recall on the spider for the same issues..

·
Registered
24 Posts
They will have a recall on there ATV's if more people would take the time to visit CPSC. Total B.S on there part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The heat issue is better than the boiling gas problem I had with a Grizzly! Get the new for ‘20 inner wheel well plastics for better airflow to reduce the heat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes this is my first Can Am ATV, I have had 4 Polaris Atv's in the last 16 years, My last 3 were XP 850's a 09, 13, and a 16 model, The last one was so problem prone you were taking a chance everytime you went out that you would get back. The first 2 for the most part were good ATVs, I will not give Polaris a pass, But after riding them for 9 years I can say they have a better suspension then the Outlander, better shocks and springs. The ground clearance is much better, the area under the front diff is 3 to 4 inches higher then the Can Am, I have hit rocks so hard that I thought I could damage the front diff with the Can Am . yes I know about the skid plates. The XP is a little narrower at the seat so it fits me better,I can tell you 100 percent that they don't put out heat like the Can Am. I have taken a beaten here, but I can't believe everyone on here knew about this problem, melting shock bump stops, let alone the loss of performance to the shock, a weak suspension compared to other brands, "shocks and springs" having to band ad this to just ride the dam thing and still bought one? I can't wrap my mine around this? I kick myself for not reading deeper into this mess, I made a 12400.00 mistake. to pay this much for a ATV is border line stupid then have to fab all this BS up just to ride it with some sort of comfort is not right. This is a dream come true for BRP, push this crap out the door and let the end user figure out how to make it work. For Gods sake, If you can't fix it don't sale it! This is why there never has been a fix, people just except. I may not get anywhere with the CPSC but I have filed a report with pictures and hope other people will also.
Please, go back to Polaris. They deserve people like you.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts