Can-Am ATV Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Boy thats intelligence at it's best. Thank god for the internet to give people a place to function. Thanks for your suggestion though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man this forum sounds like a bunch of paid spoke people for BRP, Why would anyone buy one of these ATVs knowing they have these sort of problem's and just figure I will band ad it? man I feel stupid for not reading more before I bought but to buy one knowing? I don't feel so stupid after all. There will be a new crop of buyers everyday so if my wining helps one person then it is worth it.No one here would accept buying a new car or truck that had these problems and not scream bloody murder to the dealer so why accept this crap from a offroad Mfg? makes no sense. I don't care how old the problem is IT DOSE NOT MATTER IT'S NOT RIGHT.
I just bought my first can am (outlander xmr 1000) I did tons of research and question asking before deciding. There are more Polaris washing machines in the junk yard than cars hints why you got rid of your last 3 Polaris and went w can am now you know why I didn’t go w Polaris as well. I haven’t even picked mine up from the dealer yet (pick it up next sat aug 1) bought it 5 hrs away 2 reasons my dealer is garbage and don’t care unless ur in there kissing ass every week paying them $$$ learned that w my 2 seadoo, 2 no dealers closer other than mine and 1 other (2k more) had them In stock. But back to the discussion of research and buying one I bought this fully knowing heating issues I have already ordered header wrap and picked up a piece of aluminum from work last week anticipating the arrival of my machine less than $50 you can be much happier for another $350 you can buy a new ecu already flashed like I did bc I didn’t want to wait to ride and also didn’t want to wait while sending one away when I change tires ect... research any major purchase you make don’t blame the seller... like you said it is their fault to a point as well as the strict emissions but we want that power so they do what they can to get us a decent product w easy fixes they can’t tell you to do it bc that will break the emissions laws it’s a fine line...

·
Registered
519 Posts
48hp 4 more hp than your beloved Polaris... Tune it back to 44 and your heat issue will be solved permanently..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't waste your money, the coatings are only making pin pricks at the problem.
I ceramic coated pipes for my Harley a while back. They did the inside and outside. It may have helped with the radiant heat but it was nothing much as far as I could tell. My main reason for doing it was they were an old set of pipes the chrome had gone bad on. The ceramic coating has a dull silver finish which looked good on the bike and the place that did it was local.

I wouldn't invest in it for performance or heat control on the quad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did the piece of angle under the heat shield. Not much different from the others. I bent up a piece of 10 gauge aluminum about 2" tall and 1-1/2" deep. I did remove the heat shield so I could bolt it on. Not a big deal to pull it off.

I had some of the Thermal Tec Cool It acoustic and heat control blanket left from the old Commander. I applied it to all plastic panels.

I'm in central AZ and we are firecracker hot now. Took it for a test ride, probably 98' outside. A substantial difference. My left leg was fine and I was wearing shorts. So I am guessing the combination of the aluminum angle and the heat wrap worked.

I think I will hold off on the re flash for now. I may consider the Dynojet power commander fuel and ignition module. I've used their stuff for years and never had any issues. If I can cool it down a little by giving it some more fuel and adjusting the timing that's all I am looking for. This thing has all the power I need.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts