Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the market for a winch for my gade...i want to order one soon because i want to integrate it on the bike when i make my bumper...thing is i dont really need one but i want it for peace of mind and i am thinking of getting a plow in the future. how big should i go? i like the superwinch terra 25. also gonna pick up a tree strap and pully to be on the safeside as well...any input or thoughts welsome...dont want to spend a fortune as i dont depend on it and might be used once a year...its like a condom, better to have it and not need it,that to need it and not have it :thumbsmilie:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
For the life of me I couldn't get the Terra 25 to fit on our 2012 800 Renegade. I still have it brand new sitting in a box. Ended up going with 2500 warn winch. Little tight but it fit.

I've heard some guys have taken the Terra apart and put back together while on the machine. I've always liked the Superwinch over the Warn. I find it's a little faster.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wonder would it be easier as im building it into the bumper....princess auto has it for 179, im gonna to grab one...msrp is 302 on superwinches website

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its ordered anyway...lifetime warranty seems worth it

·
Registered
736 Posts
Warn and Runva for me. Never failed me yet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I felt like a 3k at least was necessary, for me anyways... Renegade is a heavy bike esp with me on it! Up an incline or in a mess (which is most often why youd be winching) is only gonna add to the pull weight. And/or carry a snatch block.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bought a snatch block and tree strap last night:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Pretty handy items lol, my 2500lbs Runva came with a snatch block, tree strap, line saver and synthetic rope for $179. Pretty hard to buy a basic Terra 25 from PA for the same price.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Runva winches is much slower then a Terra and I could only get 6 months out of it. Ball bearings inside my Runva all rusted out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i got all the required parts with it ,just no extras, i wanted a viper but with shipping and tax i was into the neighborhood of 330 for a 2500 lb. the oversized gears and lifetime warranty are pretty much what made this descision, not to mention the great price, canadiantire wants that price for a damn champion.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have been using warn for 13 years now and they have never let me down. I use them under water, in deep slop and to plow with. For this I have become brand loyal and wouldn't use anything else.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine should be here next week...soon time to fabricate a bumper....with the bumper and winch i dont know how my wheelies are gonna suffer lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
came yesterday, shes a heavy sob. i did get a handheld remote as well i didnt know came with it so score there :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts