Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a problem with my winch on my 2013 max. The winch comes in find but won't go out all the time,Drops the plow great all the time but for about 15 times in the starts chugging (fast chugging) the cable in then quits. I can wait awhile and then starts working but ends up doing the same thing every time. No clicking like some guys have said just nothing. Cleaned the switch under the plastic ???

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Contactor probably but could be the rocker switch. I assume this is the stock BRP Warn winch. Try the remote switch, this will tell you if the rocker is at fault if it works okay on the remote.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is the stock winch,battery is good, tried the remote with same results. Not sure where and what the contractor is, Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Contactor is essentially a large relay that handles the current for the winch. It is located under the front right fender behind the fender liners, probably just need to remove the rear potion to see the contactor. Follow the power cables between from the winch to the contactor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had somewhat the same problems with mine and all i did was clean all the connectors that powered the winch and then simply re spooled the winch and it works great now.

When I pulled the cable out there was about 12 feet or so that wouldn't come out with some real force.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just started experiencing the issue with my Warn winch on one of my other ATVs that I have setup for plowing. Like you, it pulls in fine but will not drop the plow every time. If it continues to do it I'll look into it further and post back here if I find a remedy.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've had this happen a number of times. It was always one of the leads going to the contactor that worked loose. A few drops of thread locker fixed it permanently. Check them ALL.

Cheap and easy. :th_smiliethumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts