Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! First up lets give a big F#ck Yeah for BRP! Secondly Im having winch issues. I have a Superwinch on my '07 Outty that wont winch in.
A little background info- I rolled my quad last summer and the handlebar mounted winch controls stopped working, but the corded control would still winch in just fine but not out. I switched the power feed on the winch itself and it winches out just fine when swapped. I cant get the winch to switch to freespool either.
So other than replacing each component and hoping for a cure or switching the power feed each time I want to winch out does anyone have any suggestions?
Id hate to replace the winch (although a new Warn would be pimp) and find out its not the winch itself but a wiring issue.

Thanks CanAm Forum!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wouldn't replace the winch as it sounds like it's working. Did you put a meter on the contactor to make sure it was working correctly. Basically the switch should send either an in or out signal to the contactor. Then the contactor sends the 12V from the battery on to the winch. It would be real easy to figure out the problem if you use a volt meter.

As far as not being able to get it to free spool.. you may have mud or something built up in there. May have to partially take it apart to see and clean if need be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts