Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for the guys that have the cam am windshield wiper kit installed. I'm getting ready to purchase one shortly, but I have a question. My brother who already has one installed has complained about water leaking out of the water hose when going down hill, to the point that he has rerouted the hose to eliminate as much of the overhead location as possible (he has routed it to the front and then up through the roll bar and over to the wiper this past week). Is everybody experiencing this issue? If so, I've been thinking about putting an 12v electric water solenoid valve in-line on the water hose as near to the nozzle as possible and hooking it up to the power to the water pump so that when the water pump is activated the valve would open.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, guess not too many people have the Can Am wiper kit. I went ahead and ordered the 12v electric solenoid valve (it was only $15 on Amazon) and when I get the wiper kit (ordered it day before yesterday and they said it would be available mid February) I will install it the same time as the wiper kit. Won't know if it resolves that issue until sometime in the spring, but I will revisit this posting and give a review.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An update on this post:
I did not install the electric solenoid valve (no need to). The installation kit includes a valve (p/n: 275500967) which keeps the water from leaking, and is suppose to be installed close to the wiper (in my brothers case it was not properly installed). Part P21 in the BRP instructions: e-instruction-details (brp.com)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts