Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Defender Max hd10 TX edition. Someone tried to steal it last night and destroyed the ignition switch. I ordered a new one on Amazon and it should be here in 2 days. I have 2 questions.
1. Will the switch from Amazon work or is there some security device that is going to keep it from working? It looks like a simple 5 or 6 wire switch.
2. Does anyone have a wiring diagram? I figured out pretty easily which pins were to turn on the ignition but not engage the starter. Don't want to poke around too much and cause more damage than the thieves did. But I needed to use it today and would have if they hadn't ruined the ignition switch. I'm sure I could find the solenoid and jump it that way but since the wires are already accessable I'd rather do it that way.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,570 Posts
Welcome to the site, sorry to hear that

I don't know the defender, but if it operates like the rest of the BRP DESS lineup, it's the key that's chipped and coded to the computer, you can replace ignition switches till the cows come home

Is there any useful info there? ^

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Defender Max hd10 TX edition. Someone tried to steal it last night and destroyed the ignition switch. I ordered a new one on Amazon and it should be here in 2 days. I have 2 questions.
1. Will the switch from Amazon work or is there some security device that is going to keep it from working? It looks like a simple 5 or 6 wire switch.
2. Does anyone have a wiring diagram? I figured out pretty easily which pins were to turn on the ignition but not engage the starter. Don't want to poke around too much and cause more damage than the thieves did. But I needed to use it today and would have if they hadn't ruined the ignition switch. I'm sure I could find the solenoid and jump it that way but since the wires are already accessable I'd rather do it that way.
were u able to find anything on this problem kinda having the same issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts