Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Wisconsin SXS usage

1551 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  BAJA X
In a phone conversation with the WI DNR yesterday I learned that there is a pilot program going on allowing SXS riding. It is done on a county by county basis meaning each county involved has their own rules. I was told to contact the counties I was interested in riding in directly. The counties are Florence, Marlinette (east side by the lake), Lincoln (midstate), Washburn and Sawyer (next counties east of Burnett which Danbury is in). The number for Washburn county is 715-635-4490. The number for Sawyer county (part of the Dead Horse trail)is 715-634-6728, Greg Peterson. Just figgered someone might be interested.

Link to Washburn county
http://www.co.washburn.wi.us/departments/forestry/info/luv-project.htm
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
19,723 Posts
Very good news. When they see sxs's do no more damage than an ATV maybe they will open them all up....I have read they need to replace many narrow bridges to allow the extra width....but I have never crossed a bridge in WI that I can remember

· Premium Member
3,991 Posts
We do a lot of riding in Wi. and the bridges we have crossed would have no problem getting a sxs across, however there are a lot of gates you have to go around and they would never make it through those, some of the posts are pretty narrow Ive rubbed tires going through them and so has my wife outty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.