Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 outlander 650 xt std, and it wont idle all of the sudden, it will start if i hold in the throttle. but it tries to idle around 500-800 rpms. i havent had a fuel injected bike before so is there a screw for the idle or anything? i didn't get a manual neither so there must be a website for it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it only has 1000 miles. ive swamped it once but flushed it out, ran fine for awhile, just randomly wont idle now. and no i havent used that. i just use regular gas

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive swamped it before, but i flushed it out and ran perfect after that. now it just randomly wont idle. and no i havent used that before, i just run regular gas.

·
Registered
654 Posts
When you swamped it did you flush your gas tank? Change your fuel filter? It would be my guess that your fuel pump is fried. Thats what happened with mine when I sunk it. Got the fuel pump relpaced and went on about my business.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt swamp it bad the water wasnt over the seat or even close,. it shut off in the water. and yes i know how to check my air filter.

·
Registered
239 Posts
check your idle bypass valve. i just had to replace mine not to long ago because it was causing some idle issues replace it and ran perfect before i would start it and it wouldnt wana idle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts