Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
got a 2013 650 max xt g2. That won't start when the engine is hot.
Dealer's have played around with it, but problem still there.
Not happy.
Please help, if you have had same issue.
I don't like being stranded out in the middle of nowhere.
Bushy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello all,
got a 2013 650 max xt g2. That won't start when the engine is hot.
Dealer's have played around with it, but problem still there.
Not happy.
Please help, if you have had same issue.
I don't like being stranded out in the middle of nowhere.
Bushy.

Stator coil, voltage regulator, spark plugs and caps.
I'd start there.
Tough to think of things that could cause that and are temp affected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owen 33

Thank you owen 33 for your input/ suggestion will take all on board and hand it to the dealer, suggesting their work shop do their job properly.
It's likely that my wallet is the first fix, quads problem being last.!.
Thanks again,
bushy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had the same problem with my '12. It would start if jumped. It only happened twice when riding hard on a hot day in July. Once in 2012 & once in 2013. I broke down and replaced the Battery. I'm thinking that it had a bad cell that shorted out when hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hot Start problem Maverick xds turbo

Hello from Germany,
have you solved the problem? I have a 2015 Maverick xds turbo and have the same Problem. It cranks very very bad after a hard ride.
Its nearly impossible to start when the engine is hot. Brought it to my Dealer several times but he wasnt able to solve the problem.
Thats my last try here before i light it up.....
Please have any body a real Solution for this problem?
Thanks Toby

·
Registered
851 Posts
Friend of me had a complete dealer rebuild to solve the issue, 4000$, and it didnt fix the issue.
They though it was the bearings and obviously it wasn't.
He called and they said they couldnt duplicate the issue.

Never knew what the cause was. He got pissed and sold the quad for a yahama because he was a little mad at the canam dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is it turning over fine but wont start?

If so then I agree with Owen33, classic signs of a cracked stator bobbin or other (wire) in the ignition system losing continuity because it expands when hot and the connection breaks (this is a very typical condition on outboard motor ignitions which I am super familiar with). We diagnose the offending part on a cold motor using a heat gun. Just heat one component up at a time while checking continuity until you find the continuity loss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No it don't crank properly when it's hot.i have to wait at least 30 to 45 minutes to start again. When the engine has cooled down it cranks perfect and fires up with no issues. I was thinking about the valves but my dealer disagrees. My Mav is doing that since the first day, and it don't makes you confident when riding in the middle of nowhere. I can't believe that can am do not know about that problem. The forums are full with this problem. Hope really that one of you guys have the solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hot Start problem Maverick xds turbo

Hello from Germany,
have you solved the problem? I have a 2015 Maverick xds turbo and have the same Problem. It cranks very very bad after a hard ride.
Its nearly impossible to start when the engine is hot. Brought it to my Dealer several times but he wasnt able to solve the problem.
Thats my last try here before i light it up.....
Please have any body a real Solution for this problem?
Thanks Toby
I have the same problem with my 2016 maverick turbo has anyone solved the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No it don't crank properly when it's hot.i have to wait at least 30 to 45 minutes to start again. When the engine has cooled down it cranks perfect and fires up with no issues. I was thinking about the valves but my dealer disagrees. My Mav is doing that since the first day, and it don't makes you confident when riding in the middle of nowhere. I can't believe that can am do not know about that problem. The forums are full with this problem. Hope really that one of you guys have the solution.
I Have the same problem with my 2015 can am renegade 1000... I know that stator and plugs are good and battery is good. Anyone knows about this problem?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts