Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gov. Gavin Newson just signed a new bill into law that will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later. The new law will ban the sale of all off-road, gas-powered engines, including generators, lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers, and even golf carts. (the article didn't actually mention ATV's or UTV's, but you know that they will be included).

Reactions: kcamer2

·
Registered
Outlander MAX PRO 570 2019
311 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outlander 400 Max
30 Posts
ATV/UTV's, motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc. are safe..........for now. It only applies to motors up to 25 hp. Just one more reason why I got the heck out of that crazy place as soon as I retired three years ago!

·
Registered
311 Posts
From Telegrams SlyStallone channel😉

California: Where you can walk into a store and steal $800 worth of stuff but only if you're vaccinated.

Join @TheSlyStallone

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,358 Posts
This is a joke, right? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There's just no way......anyone dumb enough to propose something like that, would lack the basic intelligence to communicate their idea

·
Registered
323 Posts
So if the power goes out, you can't use a generator to supply electricity? And if you have an RV with a generator, you can't use the generator? And RV manufacturers cannot sell an RV with a generator on it in California? Wow! Just wow! The idiocy of the woke politicians in California is staggering.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The law bans the SALE of new gas powered equipment. You can still use the equipment you have.

Not much to keep you from popping over the border and buying, and bringing it back...yet.

I registered my Outlander in AZ. Hopefully I will be registered somewhere else soon also.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,358 Posts
Reactions: Synthetic

·
Vendor
257 Posts
Personally, I doubt it'll ever come to fruition. I think this is more for the new headline than for the actual legislation and practice. There's a feasibility study involved, and there's no way to institute this mandate with current technologies and without some crazy incentives on comparable motor replacements. But...crazier things have happened...

·
Registered
311 Posts
We do have an Off-Topic subforum ;)
What,where?😁
(I dislike OT and politics in general, so...I will try to end my OT thoughts with this.😉)
Just for unrelevant information,in sweden 1 liter of gasoline now cost 18 swedish crowns / approx 2.02$ ,and diesel 19 crowns😅

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gov. Gavin Newson just signed a new bill into law that will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later. The new law will ban the sale of all off-road, gas-powered engines, including generators, lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers, and even golf carts. (the article didn't actually mention ATV's or UTV's, but you know that they will be included).
Yeah that's very sad.
I read it elseware, That totally corrupted POS is just pulling California deeper and deeper in the Abyss.
How does a major Bunghole like that and his cabinet of collaborators get elected?
How did he manage to get out of the impeachment?
Seems everything that goes wrong with America starts in California.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, and ironic! I was just having a discussion last night with my 26-yo son while he was cleaning his Ram 2500 diesel truck and I was putting new brakes and flushing the brake fluid on my Jeep. We were discussing some Illinois politics (another corrupt sh!t hole but not at CA level... yet); I posed the question, what are we going to do when your truck is outlawed and mine? No more campers, trailers, etc. because you will not be able to tow them, then no more ATV's, UTV's, dirt bikes, jet skis, pleasure boats. How many people are employed by these industries? The Libtards will talk just like they did with the KeyStone pipeline folks; they can walk into another job making $30,40,60-plus/ hour; this is not a problem. I'm sick with what is going on in this country right now; I just hope the voters remember this pain one and three years from now. Just watch how things magically subside 4-6 months before the elections...

·
Registered
2021 Defender Limited
41 Posts
In replacing cars & all small engine equipment with battery power, I'll bet no one has even thought about the added electrical generation that will be required. California does not like nuclear power, so there will additional tons of coal and oil pumped into the atmosphere. Makes one wonder the logic behind all this. This is also a state that is already on the verge of brownout all the time. If it were not from power producers in other state, it would have already happened.

WW

·
Registered
239 Posts
In replacing cars & all small engine equipment with battery power, I'll bet no one has even thought about the added electrical generation that will be required. California does not like nuclear power, so there will additional tons of coal and oil pumped into the atmosphere. Makes one wonder the logic behind all this. This is also a state that is already on the verge of brownout all the time. If it were not from power producers in other state, it would have already happened.

WW
Not to mention the environmental devastation from all the used up batteries and other carcinogens entering our food chain! Our cars are something like 75% more efficient than just 25 years ago. One corrupt country pollutes more than all atvs combined, if not cars as well. Only reason for these mandates is controll, and placating political donors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts