Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello:

I see some defenders have this switch and some do not. I have the 2018 XT-P model and it does not, is this switch an option??? I do not understand why all of the Defenders don't have this switch.
kenner

·
Registered
615 Posts
I thought the lower end models didn't have it. Im surprised the xtp doesnt have it. I think you can buy the switch and the wiring for it is already there if I remember correctly.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZ8

·
Registered
254 Posts
Woodchopper is correct. Easy plug and play and you’re good to go. My base model didn’t have it, so just spent the $29 and called it good.

Kinda funny. I’ve added so many “standard options” to my HD8 base, I pretty much have the XT model now, sans DPS! :grin

I’ve saved thousands of dollars by doing it ala carte. :th_smiliewoo:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you tell any difference in power of before and after switch install, is it really worth it.
Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
254 Posts
I haven’t used enough to make a decision. Honestly, all my driving is in normal mode. Someday I’ll play around with the different modes and see if there are any discernible differences.

·
Registered
615 Posts
On my xt the power difference in the different modes is definitaly noticeable. If you step on it in eco mode it barely spins the tires. Also the top speed is limited. In normal mode it will spin them on asphalt. In work mode the power seems the same but the throttle response is a lot slower.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my xt the power difference in the different modes is definitaly noticeable. If you step on it in eco mode it barely spins the tires. Also the top speed is limited. In normal mode it will spin them on asphalt. In work mode the power seems the same but the throttle response is a lot slower.

+1

·
Registered
1 Posts
Woodchopper is correct. Easy plug and play and you’re good to go. My base model didn’t have it, so just spent the $29 and called it good.

Kinda funny. I’ve added so many “standard options” to my HD8 base, I pretty much have the XT model now, sans DPS! :grin

I’ve saved thousands of dollars by doing it ala carte. :th_smiliewoo:
2017 hd8 just put the power mode switch in but there's another plug up there does anyone know what it's for it only 2 connects on one side and 1 on the other.

·
Registered
206 Posts
2017 hd8 just put the power mode switch in but there's another plug up there does anyone know what it's for it only 2 connects on one side and 1 on the other.
If it is a red and black wire (at least offhand I think those are the colors) those are spare accessory power connectors. You can tap into them if you need to add power for something. Most of oem CanAm add-ons will plug into these power ports, but will have a spare attached to itself to take its place. It is actually pretty cool and nice that they do that for future accessories.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Out west, I believe he’s talking about the large, black rectangle plug.

Fire Defender: If so, I believe that’s for the unlocking rear differential switch. Its right under the location where that switch would go if factory installed. My Defender didn’t come with unlocking diff and that plug is zipped tied right there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts