Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of the winch motor sticks out beyond the front frame. It looks to me like its vulnerable to getting wacked by a sapling, by flying rocks (when following someone) or by something hiding in the mud. I have been looking for a bumper that would protect it but have not found anything yet.
If there was not for the terminals hanging out it would not be an issue but I can't see the terminals standing up to much impact.
Maybe I should get a life but this bothers me to no end.
Photo on 2021-05-03 at 9.48 AM.jpg

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Going to take a well placed object to hit just that... on a side note looks like your rad is getting plugged up

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed the rad too from the picture so I brushed it out a bit then used compressed air from the fan side. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
If there isn't a lot of complaints about it, I assume it's good to go. In general people love to bitch about stuff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
purchase the rad protector, saved mine countless times in the bush

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
597 Posts
The end of the winch motor sticks out beyond the front frame. It looks to me like its vulnerable to getting wacked by a sapling, by flying rocks (when following someone) or by something hiding in the mud. I have been looking for a bumper that would protect it but have not found anything yet.
If there was not for the terminals hanging out it would not be an issue but I can't see the terminals standing up to much impact.
View attachment 102459
You need a bumper like @xserver has!

[IMG alt="xsever"]https://www.can-amforum.com/d1/avatars/l/117/117104.jpg?1610869859[/IMG]

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
Reactions: Freewill and Tozguy

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
ARB is a real company that makes off road accessories. Don't see any listings for the Canned Hams though.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
Might be an on-road bumper offering that the mechanic modified to fit the Outty

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
ARB is a real company that makes off road accessories. Don't see any listings for the Canned Hams though.
Yes I'm well aware but I also looked on their website and didn't find anything for ATVs so I assumed it's a fake badge hence why I used the word between quotation marks.
Might be an on-road bumper offering that the mechanic modified to fit the Outty
When I removed the bumper to fix my skid plate, it looked original without any modifications. I didn't read any part number on it though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 102459

·
Registered
283 Posts
They stick out even worse on the Renegade. I used a chunk of 3" angle, cut it down and bolted it to the bottom of the bumper mount.
Bonus points for using stainless :cool:

View attachment 102505
Wow that's much worse. I don't think it's much of a problem on the outlander except whatever brand winch he has the terminal is in danger. On mine the terminals are safe.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts