Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has installed the X package handlebars from the accessory catalog, the ones that come standard on the Renegade XXC and the Outty XTP/XMR 1000. Im not real happy with the ergos of the stock bars and wondering if the X bars might be better and what the difference in sweep is. Ive looked at pro taper bars as well but I want to be able to still use my heated grips so I need bars with 7/8" ends and most aftermarkets seem to be 1-1/8" and these BRP ones taper from fat to stock thickness so I can still use my grips.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Most aftermarket bars taper down from 1 1/8 to 7/8" ends because of the controls. Any that come from pro taper will. I have a set of XXC clamps for sale if you want them.

Untitled by renegade1000xxc, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good info, I thought the Pro Taper bars were 1-1/8" thick all the way through so I wouldnt be able to run my factory heated grips on them. They have a tonne of different bends so Im gonna really have to pick one out that other people have tried and liked, its hard to judge what they would be like just by looking at em because I cant find the factory bar specs anywheres, so its hard to tell how much more sweep or rise they will have, Likely gonna have to measure out my stock bars. Thanks for the heads up on the bar clamps, Im gonna research the bars more over the weekend and Ill get back to you on it, Im in Canada though so shipping/payment might be tricky.

·
Registered
666 Posts
99% of hand controls only fit 7/8" bars, so all fatbars taper down to 7/8" at the ends to accommodate that. Shipping to canada shouldnt be bad, just let me know if you want the clamps. The factory specs definitely arent anywhere online, i couldnt find when i was looking for them myself. Unless youre running a big riser, there should be no issue running pretty much any height or bends.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
All bars I know taper down to 7/8. I would consider maybe better bars than the stock ones. I went with Flexx bars and LOVE them! Pricey tho!

·
Registered
186 Posts
The stock XXC bars blow. They're waaaaay swept back. I'd recommend Renthal KTM/Suzuki factory bend if you're more than 5'8".

·
Registered
686 Posts
How much are the OEM X bars? Depending on your budget I would recommend the Flexx bars as well, at 6'1" they fit me perfectly and are worth their weight in gold at the end of a long hard ride.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking at Pro Tapers now, Im around 5'11" and I find the stock bars low and I dont realy like the sweep. I have a 2" riser but I really only got it so I could articulate the bars to a more comfortable position so it was more of a compromise, and Its maxing out my brake line slack making it way tighter than I'd like, even with moving the brake lever in.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lots of good reviews out there for Flexx bars but not sure if they are truly what I am after. I dont really feel as though I need the damping effect they offer, and also not sure if I would be able to fit my factory handguards/heated grips on them. Im leaning towards a set of Pro Tapers but just have to figure out what bend will suit me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
FYI I have the Can Am heated grips and heated thumb throttle on my Flexx bars. I do not have the OEM hand gaurds but they are able to be remounted as well, at least on the Renegades. I'm not trying to push anything on you, but I would be willing to bet anybody that rode a machine with a set of Flexx bars for a day would be in love with them. Even at moderate trail riding speeds they are a big improvement over anything rigid.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What bend of Flexx bars do you recommend. Id be running them without a riser and wouldnt mind some extra height to the grips over the OEM height.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you're going with no riser, 15° quad bend high is what most run.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd want to avoid using a riser if I went with different bars, just to maintain my brake line slack and with a riser, clearance with the BRP snorkel becomes an issue.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'd go 15° quad racer, the difference from hi to low bend is 20mm I believe? Depends if you want some height or a little more.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Narrowed it down to Flexx bars or Pro Taper Pastrana FMX/ATV high bend bars. Just gotta decide what route I wanna take now. Pro tapers are cheap and I know all my stuff will fit on them no problem.

·
Registered
666 Posts
From the website, low bend is 92mm (3.6") and high is 116mm (4.6") so thats approx 1" difference between the two. Can use that in reference when measuring out.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tomorrow im going to attempt to measure the stock bars to see what kind of difference in rise and sweep will be going to new bars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts