Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I’m new to the forum I have a 2016 1000 I don’t use it much I have 1840 km on it is there anyway to shorten the wheel base up on it I just don’t care for how long the bike is Can I do anything about it ?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Wow, lol, well there truly is "a first time for everything": I have now read someone that wanted a shorter chassis bike, from the extended version :p

Sorry, Thomas, this is just a first, for me, don't mean to reply without adding any useful info.

But yeah, as already stated, you'd be better off selling/trading it, is my .02c

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Buy a short frame. Just about any g2 frame will work but you’ll also need floor boards too
And the little side panels
And a shorter driveshaft
And the rear brake line

I'm just not seeing the feasibility here.... but hey you'd have a one of a kind bike!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
What
And the little side panels
And a shorter driveshaft
And the rear brake line

I'm just not seeing the feasibility here.... but hey you'd have a one of a kind bike!
What side panel. Pretty sure they are the same. The max just has an extension piece at the back end of side panel. A used drive can be found for cheap or have original shortened. Ok a rear brake line. Probably get away with using the same rear brake line

Wouldn’t really be one off. Would look like any other. All the parts are the same

Put up the max parts for sale to offset the cost

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
What

What side panel. Pretty sure they are the same. The max just has an extension piece at the back end of side panel. A used drive can be found for cheap or have original shortened. Ok a rear brake line. Probably get away with using the same rear brake line

Wouldn’t really be one off. Would look like any other. All the parts are the same

Put up the max parts for sale to offset the cost
Ah! I did not know that, but now that I see some google images, yeah, I see what you mean. Nifty...

Yeah I suppose you could just loop the existing brake line to take up the slack huh

So sure, anything's possible, guess it just comes down to how attached the OP is to his bike, how much he wants to spend on a short frame, how mechanically inclined he is, etc....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts