Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have about one month to go before I actually go and buy a new quad! I was dead seat on the xmr 650 but after reading reviews people say the Mudpro is more reliable because it's been around longer? Anyone have actual experience? I can get a mudpro 1000 for the price of a xmr 650 I'm looking at 2015 models!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Definitely wouldn't say it's more reliable. I have a good friend with a MudPro 700, and while it hasn't given him a ton of trouble, it has grenade'd a few belts, and the bushings seem like their made of jello. That's just my experience with it though. If I had to do it again, I'd still get an XMR.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I love my Outty, but if you have an opportunity to get a 1000, don't pass that up. I'm sorry, but they all make good machines. They all have their plusses and minuses. It's hard for me to believe that any one brand is vastly superior to any other. This coming from a Honda convert to Can-Am and I love my Can-Am.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did come from an Arctic Cat 650 which is not the 1000 and I did like it very much and was very reliable ONCE I got all the bugs worked out. Now with that said I would not go back from my XMR 1000. In my opinion you'll want to have the power of the 1000 if you are using it for what it is. You'll have a stiffer ride in the Arctic Cat than on the Can Am but it's really gets down to what you want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't believe you guys are even considering comparing Arctic cat to Can Am. I would take even a 500 over the 1k cat. Horrible, horrible ride and tippy as hell. I would give up the sport before I ever go back to cat. Not even sure, but cat still make 1k single cylinder or they final make a twin.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Where did u get ur pricing for the xmr and the mudpro????? The 700 mudpro is msrp around 11,599k and the 1000 is 14,399k The 2015 650xmr is msrp at 10,499k and the 1000 xmr is msrp 14,099. You get more options with the xmr over the mud pro and a way better set of mud tires. All 3 xmr modles are v-twin engines while only the mudpro 1000 is a vtwin. The 650 xmr would probably run laps around the 1000 mudpro. 650 xmr comes on 28 mud zillas the 1000mudpro comes on 28 zillas. I will say i do like the snorkle kit on the mudpro but thats it. Ive never riden a midpro but of all the mudfest events i go to in a year i see very very few of them, Most of the big gun atvs are the brutes that are all tricked out or the can-ams. Dont go buy the msrp of the bike u want to buy, if ur buying from a good dealer they will work on the price, I bought a 2015 800xmr for less then the 650xmr msrp price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
can-am 650 vs mudpro 1000

Had a cat 1000 and now own a xmr 1000 would not go back. Buddy has a mud pro 1000 and he rides it once and works on it and now he is looking for a different atv. my experience as well. engine ok but every thing else goes wrong from axles to bushings to spike load damper to wiring etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts