1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im sure theyll figure out how to keep from diffs when can am finds out how to keep transmissions and rear diffs from falling apart, that front bumper on the 1000 looks so ugly, why would they put that on

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Defiantly isn't a head turner....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I dont know i kinda like the look of the 1000. I think if i were to get one i would just get the front bumper powder coated black. But all in all i think it looks good. plus it comes with arched a arms, somthing i would like to see can am do.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I give them credit for trying to get in on the XMR market. I will be keeping my Can Am

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well, Polaris sure grabbed Can Am attention. Competition is good.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Polaris sure grabbed Can Am attention. Competition is good.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
Other way around Polaris is trying to get in on t XMR sales!

·
Registered
740 Posts
The Polaris XP 1000's frame is several inches shorter than the XMR 1000. The extra length of the XMR, gets it out of and through more mud holes than the shorter Polaris XP and XT-P frames. If you prefer more trail rides than or mud holes, you can get the XT-P for the same price as the Polaris 1000. But, you won't get the snorkel, rad relocate kit and better wheels/tires without paying another $1,600 in parts to add them to your XT-P.

·
Registered
752 Posts
These are even uglier in person...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I saw a 1000 at a local atv/snowmobile show. I actually kinda liked it, the hi clearance a arms are a nice feature that I wish the Xmr came with. I know this is a can am forum and everyone is gonna get all up in arms that Polaris has came out with a mud ready machine but I see it as GREAT FOR US, it sould help bring the prices of the Xmrs down and might even get some more guys out riding. I'm looking forward to see one on the trails and see how well it turns them ols

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I saw a 1000 at a local atv/snowmobile show. I actually kinda liked it, the hi clearance a arms are a nice feature that I wish the Xmr came with. I know this is a can am forum and everyone is gonna get all up in arms that Polaris has came out with a mud ready machine but I see it as GREAT FOR US, it sould help bring the prices of the Xmrs down and might even get some more guys out riding. I'm looking forward to see one on the trails and see how well it turns them ols

I can't wait to pull one out of a mudhole. Lol. But seriously, it has some features I wish the xmr had. It's a good bit cheaper then an xmr but the one I seen didn't have ol's on it. Had plane steel wheels too.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I can't wait to pull one out of a mudhole. Lol. But seriously, it has some features I wish the xmr had. It's a good bit cheaper then an xmr but the one I seen didn't have ol's on it. Had plane steel wheels too.
I don't see how it is cheaper though? Canadian MRSP

Sportsman XP 1000 High Lifter $16,499
Can-Am X MR 1000R $16,249

You can't compare the Sportsman XP 850 High Lifter to the X MR 850 because there's so many features the Sportsman doesn't come with that the X mr 850 does. No Winch, No Power Steering, Steel Wheels vs Aluminum, No Fox Shocks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When Polaris & Can-Am go head to head it only benefits us the consumer both in the quality of the machine offered and price.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
822 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts