Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now buying a new Outty, but I'm not sure what to get. The trails where I ride are a little of everything, but I have fun in the mud and go looking for it when I can. I don't mud bog race, but I'm not opposed to trying it. I don't necessarily mind the extended chassis, and want something that is capable, but has a good ride (if it exists). I don't care for the color of the new XTP, but I guess it can always be changed relatively inexpensively. I LOVE everything about the look of the XMR 1000, but don't know if it's too aggressive for what I'm looking for. I rode the 850 XMR at the dealers and it didn't seem too big or to powerful for me (don't need to kill myself popping a wheelie going uphill or something). So, just curious what size would fit my fat a $$? I know these are a lot of questions, so all commnts are greatly appriciated! :smilietwocents::th_smiliethumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Ask yourself this, What do I ride the most? Mud, trails, etc?

If you ride mostly mud, then get the XMR, if you ride mostly trails then look at the XTP. The XTP will be much better handling on trails because its not jacked up, and it will ride better because it has much longer travel Fox Podium X 2.0 Shocks on it. The shocks might appear the same, but internally they are WAYYY different!
If you ride mud, the XMR will eat the XTP, so you need to decide what you do most or what you want it to do the best!

The mud dries up by me most of the summer, so I went Renegade XXC.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Deadman pretty much sums it up well. However, my XMR spanks a lot of smaller quads on the trails too...hehehehe. Just not so much on tight stuff and off-camber.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If you're keeping that 500, get the XMR. Or, add the BRP snorkel kit, radiator relocate kit and a set of wheels/tires to a new XT-P(like I just did). I do enjoy my 800 Max's longer chassis in the mud.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Get the xmr! It's fully dressed out and beefed up then just buy tires for your riding environment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the xmr! It's fully dressed out and beefed up then just buy tires for your riding environment.
I've decided on the XMR! I'll probably buy some Blackwater Evos to ride the trails.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Nice choice, add some pictures when you get it. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have after much back and forth decided on the XMR,my 650 XTP is sold and the MSA rims with mud lit XTR tires I reserve for the XMR when I drive normal terrain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts