Can-Am ATV Forum banner

421 - 440 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
DPS crisis

Hi! Im new of forum please help me have a problem with my XMR 800(2012g1)!
When I start speedometer go not good and when I exceed 30km/h appear "control dps" and the steering is out! I read that it could be the speed sensor dirty so I clean but I have not solved the problem ... I have to change it?
I still try to check the fuse box and as a last resort check the battery, it is fine to start xmr but I have to check if it has perhaps lost a little 'power to support all electronic devices of the machine..scuse me for intrusion and scuse if my english Is not perfect I write from Italy and I dont know fine language and forum function..thank you!

Can an XMR 800(2012) stock

·
Registered
17 Posts
The tiger tail is very handy gadget to have and i love it. If you look at it this way in life there are "needs" and "wants" this definitly falls in the want category a 15$ tow strap will work also but the tiger tail is a little more practical and alot more expensive, but if you go out in groups and people get stuck all the time and you enjoye pulling out your buddies tiger tail is an awesome upgrade for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a 2017 xmr 850 and installed a rjcw slip on, runs fine on the performance key but can tell its needs to be tuned. With The normal key it hardly has any a** to it Any way I'm wondering if it would be alright to run it with out the programmer till next week when it arrives. Just would like More input due to the fact it is my first can am

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had mine for a while now...I purchased a second set of tires and rims (for trail rides on harder packed stuff) , and added a full aluminum skid plate kit, speakers & amp, 2 up seat, trunk box, Light bar and led accent lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 850 XMR
35 Posts
2018 850 xmr

Yoshimura exhaust, HMF tuner, heated grips, and snorkel extension that i still have to put on. So far moving up from the 650 XMR, its night and day. I can't wait to get out and really ride it.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Contact dalton industries they are quick to reply and have awesome knowledge and will give you the info you are looking for. Juste go on there website and email them they are quick to reply during the week. Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2012 XMR. Does anyone if the passenger seat of an outlander max with fit on the xmr. Are the platforms the same.
The two-up seat will fit on the XMR 1000’s as they’re built on the Max frame/chassis as well. I’ve had them on my ‘16 and ‘18. Behind the driver seat where the factory tool box clicks in... remove the tool box and you’ll see a plastic tab in the centre towards the rear of the bike, pop it off and it’ll expose the metal bar the seat locks onto. The front of the seat slides under a plastic “bar” that’s under the rear of the driver seat and is already on the bike as well.
8B76F8C8-4DA2-404E-A65B-6BE8FE8D03B6.jpeg
f
FCF88769-C136-402F-A595-038ECD38DD92.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Outlander 1000 XMR checking in.
Bought it new about 6 months ago. Currently bone stock but I love it.
Problems so far: at 17 hours my rear end developed a very loud clunking sound. Thankfully it was covered under warranty. Tech said a large chunk had broke off in the rear end. Also at 17 hours the rear brake pads were almost completely gone. What's up with that?
And it runs hot which seems to be a common problem so my first mod will probably do something to address that.
Hello From Vero Beach, Florida and to all those that ride Holopaw / Suburban Estates IMG_7997.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey whats up.I got my xmr mostly for trail riding,but since owning it I cant pass the occasional mud hole without crawling thruogh it (which is mostly silt )in this area.The hardest part with mud riding is cleaning after the ride.The one problem I am having is the front shocks seem to be bottoming out hard while trail riding which is mostly yuke roads and coal land trails,on the number one setting.Is anybody else having this problem?
You need to be at 2 or 3 and you wont have that problem. Keep an eye on the frame where the front shocks attach. Mine tore my frame apart twice. Sucked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just wanted to make this thread so all of us XMR owners can show the progress on our bikes and talk about all the problems we have with them.

Also to show what they look like with the mods you have chosen...

Heres mine.
7" gorilla lift
32's on diesels
Outlaw 2s on Nukes
/// Airdam clutch
STM Secondary
Hids
PCV
Looney tuned exhaust

I’m looking to buy an aftermarket primary and secondary for my 18 renegade xmr 1000. I’m ordering 32x8x14 assinators. I’ve heard good things about stm and qsc. How do you like your stm secondary? Do you run the stm rage 3 primary as well? Awesome build btw. I have my wild boar relocator kit and torq front diff lock, I’m putting on tomorrow. I’ve raced quads and dirt bikes my whole life so this is kinda new territory for me?

421 - 440 of 440 Posts