Can-Am ATV Forum banner

XMR owners check in

168K views 457 replies 239 participants last post by  PhillyPyro 
#1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to make this thread so all of us XMR owners can show the progress on our bikes and talk about all the problems we have with them.

Also to show what they look like with the mods you have chosen...

Heres mine.
7" gorilla lift
32's on diesels
Outlaw 2s on Nukes
/// Airdam clutch
STM Secondary
Hids
PCV
Looney tuned exhaust

See less See more
#2 ·
Good idea, urs is gonna be hard to beat tho!

#3 ·
Got mine.

Tune monster lte duals ext snorks custom 4 inch lift 30 inch backs 30 inch moto monsters and 31 inch outlaws. SS 212 M12s and SS106s

I have cams and big bore being shipped I have my own compound turbo setup that will be on within the next month I will ask my bud to post some pics cause I cant on the old dial up speed air card!

Stock I have broke two fron cvs had them replaced and have rode her hard since with no cv issues.

It didnt idle very well and stumbled off idle had it reflashed and its better.
My front diff wont lock the right wheel all the time at all that is being looked at soon.

Hoping to add some nitrous with the turbos but we will see how that goes.

#4 ·
Canamxmr2011 have to say that is the baddest looking XMR I've seen so far , Good job!!! I've been wanting to put the 6" catvos lift but I like WOT between the mudholes and drifting in the corners. I am not sure I will like how it does out of the mud. I see a lot of people taking their 6's off lately. whats your opinion on this ???

#5 ·
We have one. Just went on the maiden voyage this past weekend for all of 20 miles before the snow got too deep and soft forcing a turn around. S/Backs are not the best if the snow is deeper than your ground clearance and you're fully loaded with two riders. They'll dig till you're high centered.

Ours is set up for two with the 2-up seat, heated rear hand grips and BRP rear storeage box. Looking into some wheels and milder tires for those civilized runs, saving the S/Back 30's for the mudfest days. Currently looking at 27" XTRs and 28" XL's, haven't decided which yet.

Waiting on dealer to bring in front rack extension so we can start adding fuel capacity for those long runs. Should be here Thursday. Perhaps some Rotopax to be added to the rear box as well.

Ricochet skids are coming too.

Intersted in any guidance from seasoned owners on things we should do to make this thing even better.

Cheers,
Dave 'n' Dar

#11 ·
We have one. Just went on the maiden voyage this past weekend for all of 20 miles before the snow got too deep and soft forcing a turn around. S/Backs are not the best if the snow is deeper than your ground clearance and you're fully loaded with two riders. They'll dig till you're high centered.

Ours is set up for two with the 2-up seat, heated rear hand grips and BRP rear storeage box. Looking into some wheels and milder tires for those civilized runs, saving the S/Back 30's for the mudfest days. Currently looking at 27" XTRs and 28" XL's, haven't decided which yet.

Waiting on dealer to bring in front rack extension so we can start adding fuel capacity for those long runs. Should be here Thursday. Perhaps some Rotopax to be added to the rear box as well.

Ricochet skids are coming too.

Intersted in any guidance from seasoned owners on things we should do to make this thing even better.

Cheers,
Dave 'n' Dar

Heated rear grips? Is it the stock rear grips? If so, how did you do it? I've got 1 channel left on my moose controler and either want to do the rear grips or maybe just the seat.

#6 ·
Wes, I love my lift but I'm not a WOT all the time type of guy. I like to cruise and drink beer then hit the hole WOT. I do have a problem with my right rear axle right now but my bike is 5 hours away at my house and I just moved to Houston to go to school.

Cummins, how do you like the tune monster? I will be getting one sooner or later but right now I don't ride
My bike enough being so far away. Also when I get my little bike running good and lifted imma have some moto monsters on nukes. I have a set of crushlocks but haven't decided what tires I want to crush yet but I will also be getting a set of 31s. Maybe I'll get 31 wides and crush them but I'm just not sure yet.

#7 · (Edited)
Hello To ALL the X MR owners out there !!
I bought this machine because I wanted to have the best of both worlds ( Mud Machine, Trail machine )!!
Being a trail rider at heart I purchased a set 27" ITP XTR's and 14"slasher B6wheels for trail riding. Playing in the mud is second for me ! With my 27" XTR's on this machine it is a trail killing bike !!!
I waited several years waiting for a power steering fuel injected bike to my liking to come out and when the X MR was released I knew that this was the machine for me !!! I have the King of the hill smile on me when I ride my X MR !!!
For me this bike will be hard to beat !!!
I added the Ricochet skids and ATR spine right off the bat !! I wanted to protect my new toy from any type of frame damage !! :th_smiliebanana2:

#8 ·
I've added Ricochet skids and a-arm guards (in black), Peeled all the warning stickers off, Got my seat built up and re-covered with marine grade vinyl, added a 2" ball (and modified my trailer hitch, hitting battery box).
As soon as I can put a couple good weeks in without spending profits on Kenworth:
QSC primary, Tune Monster, Wrapped stainless exhaust (haven't decided which yet) and Extend ISS snorks.
Eventually want Lift, axles and MONSTER tires.
Almost forgot that lousy winch cable! and would like a wireless winch remote.

#9 ·
I forgot the fuel gauge, too. Anyone else's reading way low? Lite comes on but only holds 2 to 2.5 gallons. Adjustments?

#10 ·
Whats up fellow Xmr's.Xmr2011 like wes said thats it,you got your bike the way we want ours,sweet.Well I'll start with my mods gorilla axles,pc5,HMF swamp series XL and dalton mud runner clutchkit.In shop now getting my snorkles extented and water dipped(carbon filber).Future is CATVOS 6in. lift and 31in. OUTLAW wides.

#12 ·
I want to know about this tune monster from someone other than a tuner!!

And where is donna at? I am kinda disapointed that she has no appearance in this thread yet!

#14 ·
Hey whats up.I got my xmr mostly for trail riding,but since owning it I cant pass the occasional mud hole without crawling thruogh it (which is mostly silt )in this area.The hardest part with mud riding is cleaning after the ride.The one problem I am having is the front shocks seem to be bottoming out hard while trail riding which is mostly yuke roads and coal land trails,on the number one setting.Is anybody else having this problem?

#15 ·
I mostly trail ride on the 3rd or 4th setting. I've never rode on the 1st setting. Dial it up a few and you will be fine !!

#16 ·
For the most part my XMR is still fairly stock. I added the Ricochet skids in black. Looks petty mean from the front. Replaced cable with synthetic Amsteel along with the hawse fairlead. Im also looking at a smaller set of tires for trail riding. thinking 28 outlaw radials. Has anyone extended their snorkels with an aftermarket kit yet? Snorkel your ATV has a kit, wondering how it is.

No broken Axels on the beast yet and I have approx 500 miles on it. Knock on wood !!!! We'll have to see if that changes at the end of the month. taking her to its first Mud race. Can wait!

#17 ·
I think we figured out if you don't ride it around on the 6th setting, then you won't have the problem with breaking axles. Nit as much

#18 ·
I have broken my first axle. I put it on 6. Went into a mudd hole Then I snapped front right axle. I will leave suspension at 3 and ride! I want to upgrade to gorilla axle but it voids my warranty. My dealer even said they would swap them for free! Brp axle is like 500. 410 for gorilla. But no warranty. Wtf!

#21 ·
Started out with the LTE duals and pc3. When they had spent some time in the water people said it's not just loud it hurts. Changed to single LTE slipon and pc5. Runs better and tunes easier. Did the ///Airdam primary and secondary with a 650 helix , and Gorilla axle upgrade.

#22 ·
I live in an apartment and have no place to keep my bike right now, that's why it's not up here.

#25 ·
You can store it at my house just leave the key....................LOL

650 helix is a great mod. Woke up the /// .Couldnt get shift out up where we wanted and slower launch than I wanted. Now pin the throttle and instantly goes to 8100 then 7500 for shiftout and happens a lot faster. I wont run without a 650 helix now. Only problem is cant get this stupid grin off my face. My daughters new XXC "stock" wes running dead even with it in a race. Now I get up and walk away from it. DO IT !!!. You will have to re-tune the primary for it. Had to add a little weight.

#27 · (Edited)
cool thread, we need to show off the X MR. i have done a ton of "mods". i will try to list them:

Wood Racing Cams. really brought the 800R engine to life. as well as the stock clutching. works great.

stator harness upgrade to 10g. this is a documented prob. i just made my own.

Ricochte skids, a given + insurance. the frame mod is not gonna be effective imo.

HMF swamp w/ snork. nice to be idleing in the rack deep water while the dude in front is pulled out. :th_smiliethumbsup:

reworked engine/CVT snorks. gotta have fresh air for the engine and lose the "catcher's mit" CVT intake.

stock clutching but "blueprinted", not gonna try to explain that.

dual rads. + Aux fan, fan controller, by-pass external thermostat. total engine temp control.

Rox 2" risers.

front inner fenders. keeps the water/mud out of the Pod/elecrtics.

X MR/Renne pegs all around. also removed all stickers. i'm not getting paid to advertize.

last but not least, removed the rear torsion bar. turns the Can-Am Outty into a real full independent suspension 4x4 Monster.

may seem like a short list, but a lot of work. totally worth it.:th_smiliedance:

Attachments

#33 ·
where did you get your front inner fenders from?

and do you have photos of it?

Donna

#28 ·
I also changed all my airhoses to stainless steel braided.

#29 ·
Mines pretty much still stock, got some skid plates coming, and looking at doing some clutch work and a pipe and programmer!!

#30 ·
here mine and what ive done
kimpex dryride 2.0 with heated grips
hmf swamp xl with snorkel
pc5
black ricochet skids
30,000k hids
synthetic winch line
twin air filter

.Gonna order some snorkels soon i think.
gonna install my dalton mudder runner clutch kit. Gonna order a primary which one you guys think ill like best, not much mud around here pretty much just muskeg, i dont care about fast id rather be able to go through crap easier

#37 ·
inner fenders

OK that makes two..haha

i wish i had access to the umhw or whatever that plastic is they are making skids from but i'm SOL on that. i used a fiberglass reinforced inner wall board. kinda plastic but with the fiberglass. not as much fun to work with, but effective.

alluminum would be cool but heavy, by plastic standards. and really overkill. these mount with the same push-pins used to mount the front fasia and the OE inner fender pieces. only 3 push-pins + 1 6mm bolt at the rad bracket needed and the mounting points are there from the factory 400 inner fenders. the 400 inner fenders do not fit the V-Twins as the Twins have a little more room out in front, so the V-Twins have a slightly different frame. but the inner fenders mostly mount to the plastics and that is still the same as the 400 and all the outtys up to the X MR.

#38 ·
Aluminum would not be heavy at all, even by plastics standards. I am not talking machining something out of billet aluminum lol I am talking Aluminum Sheet metal, you would most likely have less than 5lbs of material for all 4 pieces

OK that makes two..haha

i wish i had access to the umhw or whatever that plastic is they are making skids from but i'm SOL on that. i used a fiberglass reinforced inner wall board. kinda plastic but with the fiberglass. not as much fun to work with, but effective.

alluminum would be cool but heavy, by plastic standards. and really overkill. these mount with the same push-pins used to mount the front fasia and the OE inner fender pieces. only 3 push-pins + 1 6mm bolt at the rad bracket needed and the mounting points are there from the factory 400 inner fenders. the 400 inner fenders do not fit the V-Twins as the Twins have a little more room out in front, so the V-Twins have a slightly different frame. but the inner fenders mostly mount to the plastics and that is still the same as the 400 and all the outtys up to the X MR.

#39 ·
Even a flashing type of material should work and would be easy to work with. Plus you could get it in a different color.

#40 ·
melted air hoses

a very important mod i forgot to mention! as with the inner fenders, it is just a no-brainer to me. header wrap on the exhaust.

idk the cost/PITA compared to replacing the air lines w/ braided lines. but the advantages are also wearing swim trunks, less under pod/seat heat, cooler gearbox/fuel tank.

having a bikini clad lady in the back getting muddy from the 30" SBs and enjoying every minute of it...priceless!!

lol!! :th_smiliebanana2:

#41 ·
a very important mod i forgot to mention! as with the inner fenders, it is just a no-brainer to me. header wrap on the exhaust.
U can do this with stock pipes right?
Doesn't bother it at all when u get them wet and it is soaked being on the pipes?

#42 ·
Yeah you can do this on stock exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.