Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

I bought my 2016 850 XMR this past summer and have been having a blast with it. I havn't liked the white on it though and it seems to be getting stained. I've just taken it off and painted it with a black plastic enamal paint and then clear coated the enamal. If this ends up scratching does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the plastic painted black? I also have the Can-Am snorkel kit but want to raise my belt intake and exhaust as well. Who all has done this and what is the best route to run the piping? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fellas at my dealership ordered me the two black side panels from a 2012. They said they'd fit and they're 1/4 of the price of the 2016/2017's. The hood won't fit but it's painted with a few enamel coats and has the rad over it some in not too worried about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice bike, I hope my white holds up as i really like the white which is one of the main reasons I purchased my 1k.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They won't be in until Wednesday now, but I'll definitely let you know. As for the snorkels, the can am snorkel only snorkels the air intake higher. The belt intake and exhaust stay where they're at, so it all depends on what you really want.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
As mentioned if you want the extra height just for piece of mind for the engine and dont mind possibly winching out, draining cvt housing then keeping on going the can am kit is a great kit. If you actually want to go a little deaper look elsewhere as your cvt in/exh dont change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It depends on what you are doing. If you ride in deep mud and water regularly don't use the brp snorkels get after market one's. If you just want a little extra hight in case a hole is deeper than thought go with the brp. The brp snorkel only raises the engine air intake, the cvt exhausted and inlet stay at the standard xmr hieght so if you go deeper than planned you will save your engine but have to drain the cvt. The brp snorkel is about $100 cdn I just bought one but haven't had time to install it yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry haven't gotten back to you guys sooner. I just got the two 2012 side plastics today and they're the exact same as the 2016's but 1/3 the price. The hood is different but because it's under the rad I think the paint and enamel coatings I put will stay just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I scuffed the hood with a very fine sandpaper so that it didn't leave big scratch marks in it before painting and clear coating it with the enamel. The side panels Part # 705005236 for the left and #705009121 for the right. The boys at the dealership ordered them for me. They said 2012 was the only year for black and the XMR would only have the yellow panels so I'd assume it's the XT.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.